No announcement yet.

Should i buy a surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know i'm probably asking some stupid questions, but does anybody know what kind of mpg i should expect from a 3.0td.

Also, any opinions on the price? £10995?

cheers
    Paul

Comment

Price

Hi,

with regard to the price I have just picked up a 96 SSR-g from CCB (near Aldershot), its got slightly less miles on it (all verified), a 12 month warranty and it cost me £1000 less

I am a newbie surfer, but not a 4X4 virgin as I have had a couple of L/Rovers and a Discovery. I do have to say though the Surf beats them at the moment!!

Comment

History repeating

Well when I posted my original reply I had a 2.4. Massively uprated everything and a Surf in a million that I personally imported from Japan. I suffered a busted head for no reason other than a dealer screwed up and left an airlock in the the coolant. They denied all knowledge and I ended up selling it as it was, to a mechanic who could fix it relatively cheaply.

Six months later I have a 3.0. It really is a lovely truck, just done nearly 400 miles this weekend, stayed in Broadway, Worcs and did the countryside touring bit with the girlfriend. She is on the insurance so I made her drive it, even though she was terrified of the size (she has a Ford Ka?). After 5 miles in narrow country lanes she was totally at home and kept asking if she could take over the wheel. She loves it now and agrees that it is a very easy motor to take any where.

The Surf is the only vehicle that I have bought two of in my life and I find it is the most natural motor ever to just bimble along in, with a fantastic view of everything, and all the space in the world inside.

We are off to France in a couple of weeks, and I can't wait!

If anyone is thinking of buying one, just do it. £5k will get you a nice spec 95/96 one and in all honesty they are just amazing vehicles.

Cheers

Rob G

Comment

Working...
        X