After having done the EGR mod...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After having done the EGR mod...

...Has anyone found that the engine tends to over-run for a second or so after it's switched off?

Did mine tonight then tootled off down the road. I can't say that I noticed much difference and thought maybe the valve was already stuck shut, but I was only out for 5 mins or so and it's a bit of a subjective thing anyway...so, parked up, switched off, but as I mentioned above, the engine kept running which it didn't do before.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Shab.
    Carpe Biscalorum...

All I can say, Is mine didn't, and still doesn't!
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Hippo's never done that - you got a Turbo timer ?

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
        Hippo's never done that - you got a Turbo timer ?

Trev

No turbo timer unfortunatley...I'm wondering if I've pulled the right pipe out!
        Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

This is on a 2.4 engine, but should be the same area as yours.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            This is on a 2.4 engine, but should be the same area as yours.

Oh SH*TE!!, I've pulled one off from further round the back than that....

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear....I'm going to have to wire up the engine bay with some kind of electric cattle fence thingy, then I might stay away from it....

BTW Bush, thanks for the pic.
            Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Well, thats fixed the over-run. Anyone know what I originally disconnected?

It was from what looked like a valve similar but smaller than the EGR about six inches further around to the back of the engine bay with a grey ribbed cable coming out the other side from the pipe I disconnected.

Thanks again Vince...
              Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

ah, i asked about somthing being missing from my car. It must be the EGR? Looks like its from that area? Unfortunatly i cant help you with those pipes as i have none?
                What comes around goes around!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gazbo
                  ah, i asked about somthing being missing from my car. It must be the EGR? Looks like its from that area? Unfortunatly i cant help you with those pipes as i have none?

What, no pipes at all!!!???
                  Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

yes i have the main ones, but there must be quite a few missing??? I wouldnt mind putting the egr back on, I am a strong believer in the point of, if its got it, then it needs it!!

Comment

yes i have the main ones, but there must be quite a few missing??? I wouldnt mind putting the egr back on, I am a strong believer in the point of, if its got it, then it needs it!!
                      They were a requirement for Japan. The 4Runners didn't have them,
                      as far as I know.

Comment

ah, i see. Quite a few cars here have them, vectras are known for them knacking up

Comment

ah, i see. Quite a few cars here have them, vectras are known for them knacking up
                          Quite probably. They reduce the NoX emissions, but it's not
                          part of our MOT. I wouldn't worry about the fact you haven't
                          got one. I blocked of my EGR pipe the other week, and you
                          would not believe the $$$$ that is in that pipe. Thick black sludge
                          would be a close description. My EGR valve was already jammed
                          shut, but I'm glad that I know there is now no possibility of any of
                          that $$$$ getting back into the chambers.

Comment

hmm, maybe your right? Its not there anyway, i just dont like the blank space in the engine compartment either

Comment

hmm, maybe your right? Its not there anyway, i just dont like the blank space in the engine compartment either
                              It's not blank space, it's possible gizmo space.

Comment

Working...
                              X