Clear All

• where can i get...

one of these adjustable tow hitch.

roughtrax have ran out,

any ideas cheers scotty
    Attached Files

towsure

some on ebay too, but not that cheap!
    Last edited by da SLUG man; 15 June 2006, 21:00.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

cheers slug man,

had a look, it will do the job but i would prefer on like in the picture.

if all else fails ill get that one.

thanks again scotty

Comment

try towsure
        www.floatingpontoonsolutions.co.uk

Comment

mine is like that - came from eBay then got modded to be a double pin.
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I went to my local indespension dealer (I think thats the right name). The unit was more expensive than the Towsure ones, but looks more solid, and after a high speed blowout while towing about six years back I don't take any chances now.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Car park job on a landy? nah only joking mate. Might be worth a check if you got a local landrover centre though, or trailer builders? Try yell.com for a nearby towbar supplier/fitter.

S$$$$ that, done it for you if you can decifer it. if not just stick 'tow bars' in the category box on yell and your postcode in the location. They should be able to help though. Give em a bell and just ask for an 'adjustable drop plate', you probly want one rated to 3.5 tonnes at least if there's a chance of you recovering someone else or being recovered on it.

Matches located in Lanarkshire
              BUCHAN AUTOMOTIVE (1) BUCHAN AUTOMOTIVE's(1)Website
              119, Cambuslang Road, Cambuslang, Glasgow, Lanarkshire G72 7TS
              Tel: 0141 647 4492 Classification: Tow Bars

• Towbars Supplied & Fitted • A1,Brink,PCT & Witter Towbars • NTTA Accredited Member • Roofracks • Cycle Carriers • All Work Guaranteed
              Options: Map/Directions to BUCHAN AUTOMOTIVE (1) E-mail business BUCHAN AUTOMOTIVE (1) Send BUCHAN AUTOMOTIVE's number (1) to mobile Save BUCHAN AUTOMOTIVE (1) to address book DISCOUNT MOTORING (2) DISCOUNT MOTORING's(2)Website
              321, Gallowgate, Glasgow, Lanarkshire G40 2EF
              Tel: 0141 550 2484 Tel: 0141 550 1750 Classification: Tow Bars

We Supply & Fit Accessories For All Makes & Models Of Vehicles. Tow Bars, Alloys, Alarms,Entertainment Systems, Caravan Accessories, Batteries, SatNav. Mail Order Available
              Options: Map/Directions to DISCOUNT MOTORING (2) E-mail business DISCOUNT MOTORING (2) Send DISCOUNT MOTORING's number (2) to mobile Save DISCOUNT MOTORING (2) to address book The Caravan Shop
              364, Great Western Rd, Glasgow, Lanarkshire G4 9HT
              Tel: 0141 339 5888 Classification: Tow Bars

Options: Map/Directions to The Caravan Shop (3) Send The Caravan Shop's (3) details to mobile Save The Caravan Shop (3) to address book Buchans for Towbars
              119a, Cambuslang Rd, Cambuslang, Glasgow, Lanarkshire G72 7TS
              Tel: 0141 647 5399 Classification: Tow Bars

Options: Map/Directions to Buchans for Towbars (4) Send Buchans for Towbars's (4) details to mobile Save Buchans for Towbars (4) to address book H M Towbar
              Unit 4a, Dundyvan St, Wishaw, Lanarkshire ML2 0HF
              Tel: 01698 356342 Classification: Tow Bars

Options: Map/Directions to H M Towbar (5) Send H M Towbar's (5) details to mobile Save H M Towbar (5) to address book Tow-Bar & Trailer Centre (Scotland)
              26, Muir St, Hamilton, Lanarkshire ML3 6EU
              Tel: 01698 285995 Classification: Tow Bars

Options: Map/Directions to Tow-Bar & Trailer Centre (Scotland) (6) Send Tow-Bar & Trailer Centre (Scotland)'s (6) details to mobile Save Tow-Bar & Trailer Centre (Scotland) (6) to address book
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

thanks folks,

went to see how much it was for someone to fit and wire my towbar, £120

£75 just to wire the double electrics up.

seems a bit steep to me so i,m going to shop around, only thing is i,m desperate to get it fitted.

i may have a go myself at fitting the tow bar, its just a bit frightning, that i have to trust my work to pull a caravan.

cheers and thanks again

scotty

Comment

does this look any good to you guys

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ADJUSTABLE-HEI...QQcmdZViewItem

good price and looks to me as if it is quite robust.

cheers scotty

Comment

looks like a good price to me, might invest in one myself, i think i'm gonna need it when i get the suspension lifted
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

just ordered one of them

i'll lit you know how i get on

cheers scotty

Comment

Working...
                      X