Help with shock rubbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with shock rubbers

Went for the MOT today and failed on various suspension rubbers. All are available except for the rubbers on the bottom of the front shocks. The shocks (original) are fine but Roughtrax tell me I cannot replace the rubbers and I must buy the whole shock. Does anybody on the forum have good rubbers off scr-ap shocks they could sell me?

Fingers crossed

Andy

i think the reason you cannot replace them is because they are moulded in.
    i know my ranchos will be expensive to replace but the rubbers are seperate so you can buy new ones as I have done before.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I have replaced my shocks yesterday they were moulded onto the shocks (Gas)and my new ones (from milners)had them already attached.
      It is amazing the difference in drive quaility did realise how bad mine were before.
      http://community.webshots.com/user/cassie08100

Comment

Originally posted by Andy1
        Went for the MOT today and failed on various suspension rubbers. All are available except for the rubbers on the bottom of the front shocks. The shocks (original) are fine but Roughtrax tell me I cannot replace the rubbers and I must buy the whole shock. Does anybody on the forum have good rubbers off scr-ap shocks they could sell me?

Fingers crossed

Andy
        i changed my shocks at xmas but still have the shocks in the garage will have a look later to see if i have all the rubbers
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

would powerflex bushes fit ????

Comment

Andy if i can get the rubbers out of the old shocks then you can have them there are a couple of slight cracks in them but nothing too bad.
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I have had trouble obtaining shock bushes for various vehicles before . They are not generally moulded in , but press fit . I did eventually obtain some bushes from a shock manufacturer (not the ones that made the shocks either ) and pressed them in with a little silicone lubricant .
              But to be honest it would be better to change all 4 shocks for some aftermarket ones for an improved ride alone .
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

How difficult is it to change the 4 shocks and the rear springs? Thinking of doing it soon myself or is it a Garage job?
                Cheers
                Phil

Comment

You could do it your self within half a day. All you need is a jack, some axel stands and a basic set of spanners and sockets.
                  I'll even give you a hand this week-end if you live close to me.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I've just gone for 2 new shocks. I'll buy 2 for the rear when I find a job.

Comment

Cheers Vince.

But not even bought them yet, have a few other jobs to do on my Pulsar first.
                      Will probably look at it later in the year as there is no rush at the moment.

Cheers

Phil .

Comment

Working...
                      X