• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tow bar advice please

ok guys, went and got me a caravan.

now i need a tow bar asap.

thing is, roughtrax are £137 with double electrics
    millners are £141 with single electrics, but the millners one is a witter bar.

searched past threads and a few people have said that witter are the best.

now i know a lot of you guys have got them from towequip on ebay, what are they like?

next thing is, do i need a adjustable tow hitch for it, as i have 2" suspension lift and 2" rear spring spacers?

any help would be great

thanks again scotty
    Attached Files

I would definitely recommend Towequipe. I bought from them and couldn't fault the quality of the bar and their service.
    As regards the adjustable towball positioning, I would say that it was a must, given your lift. I have a standard height 3rd Gen and I had to drop the ball by 35mm to get the trailer level.
    Keith

Comment

towequippe

are $$$$e.....'
      there I've said it

I booked them
      'yeah no problem he's coming to you second job of the day'
      took day off

lunchtime came and went
      another phone call to them
      'oh he's in a meeting he'll be out any minute
      h'ell call you and then come straight out'

another hour went past
      I called back bitched about their lack of service and told them to shove it

lo and behold I'd no sooner put phone down then it rang
      and
      'hello its the tow-bar fitter, can I come around'

'no you cannot, F##ck off!'

I straight away booked a local one man band, who came around a couple of days later at my work, and fitted it

odd, since he did'ent have a flashy office and lots useless staff to lose the plot

Comment

cheers wolf,

be interested to see what other people have to say.

i also do a bit of off roading so it will come in handy as a rear recovery point. thats why i was tempted to pay the extra for the witter, as it is supposed to be a sturdy piece of kit.

cheers scotty

Comment

Witters are excellent, but make sure you have double electrics [fault I made], otherwise the beers will get cold on the way to your stay.

1 point to run the lights
          2nd to run the fridge etc
          Gaz

Comment

cheers gizmo,

just remembered that the caravan comes with one of those stabiliser things.

does that just connect to the tow bar in some way or do i need a bracket of some sorts for that as well?

its a 2 bearth, dont know what weight or lenghth.

do you really need the stabiliser?

sorry for all the questions but im new to all this and dont have a clue.

cheers scotty

Comment

the stabilizer bars are great, i will recommend them 100%. As for the fittings, well if you dont have the piece for the tow bar end, then any good caravan/camping shop should sell them. Mine just bolted on the ball hitch plate.
              What comes around goes around!!

Comment

Working...
              X