Swapping out speakers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Woodzie
    How do you protect them when loading and unloading ?
    they are right at the ends and I've not knocked them yet. I am forever filling the back up too... but then it's only been a few days so far! haha! they have grills on which cover 50% of the speaker cone but I have been considering some other, more complete, grills. i left most of the metal plate underneath intact so you can still put weight on the space inbetween.

i took the side panels off, measured up and just decided that it was going to be more hassle than it was worth so the tailgate won. they sound surprisingly good too!

Maybe I'll knock up some mini bull bars for them...
    I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

I thought that but then i can hardly say much (see Below)

Moving this 2 a pre-facelift LN130 at the moment after i rolled the last one (very stupid i know - i grew up instantly afterwards) New one is getting offroaded a lot tho, so doing loads of offroad mods too. Still, on the back door does seem a bit daft LOL I'm designing a solid cover for mine
      Attached Files
      Last edited by andy_enuff; 13 June 2006, 22:20.
      ======
      Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

Originally posted by andy_enuff

Moveing this 2 a pre-facelift model at the moment after i rolled the last one. New one is getting offroaded a lot tho, so doing loads of offroad mods too. Still, on the back door does seem a bit daft LOL I'm designing a solid cover for mine
        Christ almighty....is the window down or was it blown out...?!
        Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Moving this 2 a pre-facelift LN130 at the moment after i rolled the last one (very stupid i know - i grew up instantly afterwards) New one is getting offroaded a lot tho, so doing loads of offroad mods too. Still, on the back door does seem a bit daft LOL I'm designing a solid cover for mine
          bit to OTT for my needs, I get enough loud music at the weekends I also need the space... if I do plug a sub in it'll just be a small 10/12" active jobby that I can just take out when I need to.

as for my 6x9's... http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/SP...x9_p_4723.html now just got to find a similar thing for sale in the UK!
          I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

the window was just down, these are only 15in speakers underpowered to 350watts, so not quite the 2.5KW i am installing at the moment... needs a car this big oto haul them about Lol Currently installing a pc, 3 sets of speakers (2 sets of components and a set of coaxials, those 15ins and am considering a 10inch sub somewher to add a bit of kick not just volume, however , stil have to make sure the ipod holder and nice LARGE VU meters get installed too HAHAHA - AND I still go offroad hahahaha
            Last edited by andy_enuff; 13 June 2006, 22:37.
            ======

Comment

How did you get on removing these last night - or was it too wet like it was in Stevenage?
              ======

Comment

dont talk to me about wet.... i was fitting new discs and calipers during the downpours!!!!
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

i was going to swap out a broken relay in the back of my beast but the raindrops were so big it was like one of those pictures you see for desktop backgrounds with torrential rain in mozambique LOL without the beautiful sunset in the background LMAO My girlfriend called me when I was on my way back from work to say that I had a parcel. I had recently sent the 2.5Kw amp away to be repaired (it got shorted out) and DHL had kindly left it on my doorstep (I currently have no gate BTW so anyone could have robbed it) in the pi$$ing rain. Fecking superb. Fortunately no damage, but therefore also no point phoning them up to rant - at my own expense for the phonecall!
                  ======

Comment

How did you get on removing these last night - or was it too wet like it was in Stevenage?

Didn't quite rain but looked like it was going to, so abandoned the attempt...got a sub today, got no idea how to wire it up though!

Cheers,

Shab.
                    Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Think you are a bit too far away from me to ask you to come down and let me help!
                      ======

Comment

Think you are a bit too far away from me to ask you to come down and let me help!

Yeah, it's a pity...I used to do contract IT work for Menzies Connect at Heathrorw, also for a Logistics company in Welyn, I was down there all the time. I'm sure it can't be too hard though. I've been through dozens of previous posts and there must be something out there...

Anyway, thanks for the offer,

Shab.
                        Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Working...
                        X