Bobbox fitted. And WOW!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbox fitted. And WOW!!

Hi people!! Fitted my new Bobbox this morning... Bought it from KevinITR, on e-bay!

Well, nice and easy to fit. Four wires, about 30 mins in total. Decided to leave the adjustment screw where Kevin had it set. Went out for a test drive, and as I pulled out of my road, thinking, mmm, when I get a clear stretch of road I'll floor it, I had to back off the throttle if I wanted to keep any tread on my rear tyres!! Backed the adjuster off a little, but the power gain is still very noticable.

Not necessarily a cheap upgrade, but well worth the dosh!!

Thanks to Micky B for a bit of advice with the fitting..
    It just does, OK?

Another thing for the wishlist.

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
      Hi people!! Fitted my new Bobbox this morning... Bought it from KevinITR, on e-bay!

Well, nice and easy to fit. Four wires, about 30 mins in total. Decided to leave the adjustment screw where Kevin had it set. Went out for a test drive, and as I pulled out of my road, thinking, mmm, when I get a clear stretch of road I'll floor it, I had to back off the throttle if I wanted to keep any tread on my rear tyres!! Backed the adjuster off a little, but the power gain is still very noticable.

Not necessarily a cheap upgrade, but well worth the dosh!!

Thanks to Micky B for a bit of advice with the fitting..
      is it really that good?
      what about at higher speed... any good?
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
        is it really that good?
        what about at higher speed... any good?
        It's early days, but yes, it is good. I did a 30 mile motorway trip this afternoon.
        Before the Bobbox, if I was doing 75(ish!), and wanted to accelerate to overtake something, it would take an absolute AGE to increase to get past whatever it was.

Today, it just picked up it's feet and got past the traffic.

I'd say it's one of those things that you should get sooner, rather than later. Might as well make the most of the power for as long as possible!!!

I was lucky. I was thinking about getting a Bobbox, and then I saw Kevin's thread on here saying he was selling his, and as luck would have it, I was on holiday in Malta when the auction ended, so he delivered it to me at a pub!! Top e-baying!!!
        It just does, OK?

Comment

sounds like a good buy then!!! keep us posted
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

forgive my igorance but what the hell is a bobbox and how does it work. Sounds like fun though!

Comment

Originally posted by Camone
              forgive my igorance but what the hell is a bobbox and how does it work. Sounds like fun though!
              http://www.dieselbob.co.uk/bobbox.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Camone
                A power upgrade that puts grins on your grin!!!
                It just does, OK?

Comment

Sounds cool - which one will I need for a 3rd Gen 3.0 intercooler ?????

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

Sounds cool - which one will I need for a 3rd Gen 3.0 intercooler ?????

I believe all (EFI) Surf's, and many more vehicles besides, will use the same Bobbox.

Taken from Diesel Bob's website..

HILUX - SURF 2.4/3.0 EFI,
                    LANDCRUISER 3.0 EFI (125bhp), 4.2 EFI (205bhp)
                    AVENSIS TDE (90bhp)
                    PICNIC 2.2 EFI (90bhp)

Upgrade with BOBBOX Denso

Minimum power/torque increase of 20%.

Go on... You know you want to!!!
                    Last edited by dave.j.robbo; 10 June 2006, 16:23. Reason: Forgot something...
                    It just does, OK?

Comment

specially as they are reduced to £275 at the moment...
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

This sounds very interesting, I'm glad someone else asked what it was, Dave
                        how does it work? and how difficult to fit, Only had a quick look at the link as yet but it sounds like you have to know your way around multi-meters etc
                        which i dont, It certainly sounds good, It's sometimes embarrasing the slow acceleration of my 2.4, Anything that would give her a bit more kick would be worth the money even at the expence of a little loss in fuel consumpsion,
                        Dont need to boot it all the time but it would be nice to know its there when needed. Ian
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

How does it work? Guess you'd have to ask Diesel Bob for that!

Very easy to fit.

One wire to an ignition live. I took mine off the wiper motor.
                          One wire to an earth. Mine went straight to the battery.
                          One wire to the fuel pump. The pump has a small round solenoid on the rear edge. The wires coming from this have a connector on the side of the pump. It's the red wire that needs to be spliced into.
                          And one final wire to the Throttle position sensor.

The TPS has four wires coming from it. It's the yellow wire with the white tracer and a red band that was needed on my truck. Splice into that wire, and that's that!

Simple to fit. Took 30 mins or so to fit. Soooooooooo glad I got it!!!
                          It just does, OK?

Comment

EFI only? or is there an equivalent for non-EFI?
                            i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                              EFI only? or is there an equivalent for non-EFI?
                              IM WATCHING THIS WITH INTERREST MMMMMM
                              CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Working...
                              X