Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's clear, they got radar - HOW?????

Seen this ?

Will someone please feed the guidedogs belonging to the muppets involved ?

"I didn't see it"

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

oops

Its a radar assisted collision...

Have a look at this and choose your area of sea..hovering over a boat brings up all its info nearly realtime apparently.

www.aisliverpool.org.uk

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch
      Its a radar assisted collision...

Have a look at this and choose your area of sea..hovering over a boat brings up all its info nearly realtime apparently.

www.aisliverpool.org.uk

Thats a good site, shame it doesnt cover the South Coast, Channel & Solent
      DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

google it

Try a search using AIStownname.org

at a guess AISPLYMOUTH.org.uk or aisdover.org.uk..
        Last edited by Vultch; 9 June 2006, 22:22.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
          Seen this ?

Will someone please feed the guidedogs belonging to the muppets involved ?

"I didn't see it"

Trev

I had a next door neighbour once who was a navigator aboard a supertanker, and he said actual collisions are rare, but near collisions happen more than you might imagine [I had no idea how he knew the amount of near collisions I was imagining at the time , but there you go...].

Anyway, he said the problem wasn't a case of spotting the other ship, but slowing down or taking evasive actionin time , owing to their size, the ships take many miles to stop or turn. In this case though one was unladen, so should have been relatively nimble. Perhaps they were all watching football...

Shab

Edit: I've suddenly realised I have no idea why I posted this reply...
          Last edited by Shab; 9 June 2006, 21:50.
          Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch
            Try a search using AIStownname.org

at a guess AISPLYMOUTH.org.uk or aisdover.org.uk..
            anyone found a similar sight for the channel/solent or anywhere else. gave the above a try but to no joy. i know its sad but being a greek is hereditary!

i meant geek! no offence intended to any bubbles out there!
            i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
              anyone found a similar sight for the channel/solent or anywhere else. gave the above a try but to no joy. i know its sad but being a greek is hereditary!
              Star Trek....OR.......Hitch hikers?????
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                Star Trek....OR.......Hitch hikers?????
                oh defo hitch hikers! the film is amazing! got the dvd special with the book and a mug and a t-shirt...i've also got mugs with my beloved capris on them, such a nerd.

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                  oh defo hitch hikers! the film is amazing! got the dvd special with the book and a mug and a t-shirt...i've also got mugs with my beloved capris on them, such a nerd.
                  Try the original radio series its the best then the books ......I am into both plus Red Dwarf , bab5 ,stargate ....sci fi nerd here
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

logey here bist http://www.ais-live.co.uk/
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
                      Thats a good site, shame it doesnt cover the South Coast, Channel & Solent
                      try here and here Paul

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                        Try the original radio series its the best then the books ......I am into both plus Red Dwarf , bab5 ,stargate ....sci fi nerd here
                        red dwarf and trek next generation about it for me, i thought the last series of dwarf went a bit off track and rimmer going on the missing list-not good.

cheers chillit- that'll be another 30mins a day well spent!

Comment

Seem to remember a car carrier going over in the Channel a few years back.

The wreck was partially above the surface, radar-buoyed
                          announced on all information channels at regular intervals
                          AND circled by the French Navy

Somebody still hit it

Comment

Originally posted by NFC
                            Seem to remember a car carrier going over in the Channel a few years back.

The wreck was partially above the surface, radar-buoyed
                            announced on all information channels at regular intervals
                            AND circled by the French Navy

Somebody still hit it
                            It was full of Saabs and BMWs, so the two vessels that hit it were doing mankind a favour

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                              It was full of Saabs and BMWs, so the two vessels that hit it were doing mankind a favour

Trev
                              Now BMWs, maybe, but having had SAABs in the family for 30+ years, I must object to that comment.

It was full of BMWs and Vectras-in-drag. No SAABs at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X