How level is your Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How level is your Surf

Hi just wondering how level is your surf mine's within 1/4" on the back but nearly an 1" out across the front. Thing is its pulling a little bit to the lower side, should I just adjust the torsion bars to get it level ? and encase you ask I've measured from the wheel arc to the center of the wheel. Cheers John

Originally posted by John McC
    Hi just wondering how level is your surf mine's within 1/4" on the back but nearly an 1" out across the front. Thing is its pulling a little bit to the lower side, should I just adjust the torsion bars to get it level ? and encase you ask I've measured from the wheel arc to the center of the wheel. Cheers John
    Just checked mine, and the front is about 1/2 inch lower on the drivers side, and the rear is 1 inch lower!!!! Fuel tank is half full. Shouldn't make THAT much difference tho, should it?
    It just does, OK?

Comment

that what I thought and it's the drivers side thats lower on mine

Comment

Right. Just measured mine. I'm 144Km's into a full tank of diesel and I've measured it from centre of hub cap to bottom of wheel arch.

N/S/F 21 1/4 inches ------ O/S/F 21 1/4 inches

N/S/R 20 3/4 inches ------ O/S/R 20 1/4 inches

I'm going to buy some new rear springs to lift the back up. Should the back be higher than the front, lower or level with the front?

Comment

'pends wevver I'm sitting in it........................
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
            'pends wevver I'm sitting in it........................
            or sleeping in the back
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Or carrying a BBQ.....With a loose gas clyinder
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                Or carrying a BBQ.....With a loose gas clyinder
                i think that bbq took up more room in the back than Phil would
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                  i think that bbq took up more room in the back than Phil would
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

They all lean slightly to the drivers side with a full tank of fuel. Not sure why the front would be leaning and not the back though, that sounds a little odd.
                    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Its normal, on older springs the drivers side sags first because the driver is the only one in it 90% of the time, so that side gets more stick.......usually after a good blowout meal.........

Derek

Comment

Well I thought it might me something to do with the fuel tank and the driver being on the same side. So this will give me the ammunition I need to try and talk the wife into needing new springs and if I'm getting new springs then best to get longer ones as they will last longer. Feel a 2" suspension lift coming on !

Comment

Oi! That's my excuse, already used it and Tony's doing it tomorrow!!!!!
                          Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Roughtracks do replacment rear springs which ad 2ins, the drivers side rear spring is also a bit longer to help with this problem.
                            Have a look at there site, its explained on there.
                            Cheers
                            Phil

Comment

Working...
                            X