Kidney stones...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kidney stones...

Weird question, but anyone suffered with them..??

Just been told that's what's been causing me huge pain for the last few days...

Great, i'll add them to the gallstones already removed and make a rockery !!

Feels like being stabbed every few minutes...jeeeees
    Last edited by Helen; 6 June 2006, 09:51.
    Had enough... going to live in Spain....

At least these may be cured without surgery

seen this ?

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

apparently most men dont get them....they mostly happen to women of a certain age..........

<Ducking and running away fast>

Comment

[QUOTE=Helen]Weird question, but anyone suffered with them..??

Hello,

Yeah about 4 times over the last few years - hospitalised three of those times - last year when I had them the girlfriend thought I was dying in front of her (certainly got the sympathy treatment afterwards).

The consultant told there's not a great deal you can do about them.

I actually have the last one I peeed out - it is like a small rough white (2mm dia) stone with one edge built up like a razor blade - no wonder it hurt.
        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
          apparently most men dont get them....they mostly happen to women of a certain age..........

<Ducking and running away fast>
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
            At least these may be cured without surgery

seen this ?

Trev
            I've looked at that site thanks Trev...

There are some strange remedies out there too... just ingredients you'd find in your kitchen, blended into a lovely drink ?!?! that breaks down the stones and you get rid of them yourself... Of course you have to pay a fortune to find out the ingredients... probably olive oil and spinach yeeuch...

Funny how the medical people don't know about it.....

So, i can look forward to more unpleasantries....have heard once you get them , they can recur...

You'd better duck DaveD, i'm a good shot...

Comment

[QUOTE=Helen]I've looked at that site thanks Trev...

There are some strange remedies out there too... just ingredients you'd find in your kitchen, blended into a lovely drink ?!?! that breaks down the stones and you get rid of them yourself... Of course you have to pay a fortune to find out the ingredients... probably olive oil and spinach yeeuch...

Funny how the medical people don't know about it.....

I can testify to the fact that if you drink 2 litres of coke within 1hour and wait there is a great possibilty the stone (if not too large will dissolve or break up and be passed in your urine)).
              It has worked for me twice and saved surgery both times. Just something you could try, that information costs £30 on the internet.
              Trust your Hound.

Comment

I'll try anything to stop that pain coming back....

Comment

Originally posted by Helen

I started with them at age 18. to date I have been hospitalised 3 times in 15 years. Without doubt the worst pain possible to experience.

I currently have 6 stones and am x rayed every 6 months to see if they are joining together.

2 years ago I had lithotrypsy to break a big stone which failed and I had to have a general to allow them to pull it out thru my todger.

They used a camera and a grabber on a flexible tube to violate my privates and the pain after the operation was unimaginable.

I will always live with Kidney stones, my dad has them too.
                  I used to have a surf me!

Comment

I've just finished with number 11, and I've peed every one out . The first three had me in hospital, but now I've learned to cry in silence. A nurse said that the pain is worse than childbirth. I believe her, but the wife disagreed.
                    You can take my 4x4 from me when you prize the keys from my cold, dead hand.

Comment

oh blimey......

wish i'd kept shtum.....

Comment

I had some a few years ago, painfull don't even come into it, I thought something had exploded inside of me. When they told me what it was it all made sense, was like someone just twisting and squeezing my kidneys. Spent a week in hospital. which was quite funny as there were 4 of us blokes with the same and we all had to drink a litre of water morning and afternoon and pee for England. They wanted us to pee into a bottle so they could strain it and see if we had passed any of the little critters. Trouble was they only had 1 glass bottle and sometimes it took then an hour or more for them to get round to emptying it!

Doc told me to try to avoid some foods, lettuce, beetroot, strawberries, tea, chocolate and stuff I can't remember. Anyway I ignored all of that except the betroot which I can't stand anyway. The most important thing is water, keep drinking lots of it, especially if your pee starts looking very stong and yellow, nice dilute pee is what you want. Also when drinking ensure you also take on water so as not to get dehydrated.
                        Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Originally posted by Helen

No,but I've just had my appendix removed,which has been giving me jip for over 5 years!Got out of hospital yesterday and now have a 5 inch scar to add to my collection,so I can sympathise with the pain your having,hope you get it sorted soon.