the latest cheap insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John h
    Just tried CIS they say they don't insure 'imports' ! when I mentioned other users they flatly denied any cover available
    Insurance companies are weird. The brokers I used to
    use when I had the Transit had me covered with NIG. When
    the transit went and I got the Surf, they said no can do. So,
    changed brokers to A.J Insurance, who had no problem with
    the Surf, and guess who the insurer is? NIG. I gave up trying
    to figure insurance companies out long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by John h
      Just tried CIS they say they don't insure 'imports' ! when I mentioned other users they flatly denied any cover available
      Standardly they wouldn't touch an import. I been a long term customer with them and when i came to insure it they made a mistake. They put it down as a Toyota import, not a Toyota Hilux Surf. Because of this my car was already on their system and they had to insure it. They checked through their records to see if they could get out of it, ie if i hadn't said from the start it was an imported car. After they checked i had said it from the start even where and when it was shipped from they posted me out with my insurance papers. Even that took some work because i moved my private plate over to it from my old car. 1st note said Vauxhall Import surf. 2nd said Toyota Import.
      3rd Toyota import with the wrong value on it and mileage per year. 4th time lucky Toyota Hilux Surf with my reg No.
      Insurance is a funny business whom not even the insurance companies understand.
      I know this as the old man works in the car insurance business.
      i like it muddy!

Comment

Thanx for that Jim

Up to now I'm at 360 with the NFU and thats with Business use as an extra and 250 excess (tried Sureterm and they couldn't beat it)
        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

premium

Just got my renewal from Aquote and it`s dropped from £301.00 to £199.00!
          This is for my ancient 1st gen. 3rd party fire and theft only. 6 yrs. no claims. £250.00 excess and full business/social use. Nice one. Think my penalty points have all been wiped hence the reduction.