Help windows don't work!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help windows don't work!!!

Minor problem today - none of the windows are working. I can get the rear window to work off the key from outside but none of the windows work from the buttoins inside - central locking button doesn't work either. i checked the fuse (30amp pink square RH footwell just above the fuse compartment - is this the right one) and it is OK - any ideas what could be wrong????

Bit of a pain not being able to open the windows with this lovely sunny weather we are having at the moment...

Originally posted by humero
    Minor problem today - none of the windows are working. I can get the rear window to work off the key from outside but none of the windows work from the buttoins inside - central locking button doesn't work either. i checked the fuse (30amp pink square RH footwell just above the fuse compartment - is this the right one) and it is OK - any ideas what could be wrong????

Bit of a pain not being able to open the windows with this lovely sunny weather we are having at the moment...
    have you pressed the window lock button on the drivers door by mistake
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Nope - That was the first thing I tried....

Comment

Originally posted by humero
        Nope - That was the first thing I tried....
        just a thought but the window lock on the wifes celica stuck on lock and had to sort of flick the button on and off a few times b4 it would release properly.it was probably some muck got into it but havent had any probs since.the only other way is to take the switch out on check the wiring i suppose if the fuses are all ok
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

OK - Spent all morning taking the entire switch assy in the drivers door apart and checked all bits - nothing wrong there. Checked every single fuse I could find in the surf and all OK. Checked all the wiring I could trace from the connector block in the door through as far as I could get - nothing wrong there....Put it all back together and the windows worked - yippee I thought, I fixed it (not sure how but who cares). All windows working fine, went down to the beach this afternoon - got in the car to come back home and windows not working again - looks like an intermittent fault - any more ideas????

Comment

Broken wire in the door?
            It just does, OK?

Comment

Working...
            X