Please help, I'm a prat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help, I'm a prat.

I'm after the little block that the wiper hits and ramps up onto when it parks.

I took it off to fit a rear work light to the roof and route the wires under the window surround, then left it on the roof and drove off to the shops, have lost the whole assembly.

Anyone got one on a breaker?

BTW, I posted in parts wanted, but it didn't get many views, so I hope no-one minds me posting here. In return you can laugh at my stupidity

Dave

hhahaha!!... chortle chortle!!

try PMs to TonyN; Jotto; Hilux

they'll have one between them i'd imagine.

or Danno, he was going to look at a breaker this weekend.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave

I took it off to fit a rear work light to the roof and route the wires under the window surround, then left it on the roof and drove off to the shops, have lost the whole assembly.

BTW, I posted in parts wanted, but it didn't get many views, so I hope no-one minds me posting here. In return you can laugh at my stupidity

Dave
      I aint laughing cos i done it so many times with fuel caps!!! Even lost a Smiths
      oil level gauge dip stick once and that had a nylon tube attached to it,
      As Matt says those guys are breaking at the mo, Other answer is do away withthe wiper all together, I never use mine and the arms all rusty!!!
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave

Dave
        Is this the bit you need if so PM me your address and its yours. Was sent to me when I needed the bit off the wiper so surplus to requirements. All best John
        Attached Files

Comment

Can't help with the wiper, but it does remind me of the time I had a bike-mounted (lockable) rack on the roof and left the keys (incuding the spare) on the roof. One bike nearly permanently attached to the surf - doh!
          No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Originally posted by John McC
            Is this the bit you need if so PM me your address and its yours. Was sent to me when I needed the bit off the wiper so surplus to requirements. All best John
            That's the fella,

PM sent

Comment

i got a free pack of marlboro red and some chewing gum off the roof of a car as he screechjed round the corner by my mates house once!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

It's on it's way, its in the system so fingers cross might get it monday couldn't find the screw though

Comment

Cheers, You are a Gentleman.

Dave

Comment

Talkin of back window wipers.... why can i not find any supplier of replacement wiper bits? tried milners but they only do the front..... the back is smaller aint it? or am i mistaken?

Stu
                    http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst
                      Talkin of back window wipers.... why can i not find any supplier of replacement wiper bits? tried milners but they only do the front..... the back is smaller aint it? or am i mistaken?

Stu
                      I ended up getting a replacement blade rubber and fitting that - be warned it's great for creating sore digits

Trev
                      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                        I ended up getting a replacement blade rubber and fitting that - be warned it's great for creating sore digits

Trev
                        ta for that... i have some of those "wonder wiper" blade replacements but they dont look the same...
                        http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

I got a complete replacement wiper from the local motor factors no problem. It wasn't down on the charts as a hilux one - I just took it off the truck, took it in, and said 'give me one like that'. I think it said bosch on the box but not sure

Comment

[QUOTE=codlord]Can't help with the wiper, but it does remind me of the time I.......

Reminds me of the time, on route to South Wales, I filled up at a services in Manchester, left my wallet on the roof as I got into the car, drove to Birmingham, got stuck in 2 hour jam, remembered what I had done (ahhh, the number of times I checked), drove back to Manchester, found the wallet on slip road, went to buy petrol (by now I had none) to find the missus had cancelled the cards! What joy.

Also, Jackass on MTV did a superb wind-up pretending to leave a baby on the roof of a car, driving off and filming peoples reactions.
                            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Thanks John, You're a star.

Replacement part all fitted and tested, and good as new.

Thanks to John McC for posting me the part.

The lesson ofthe story is, when you finnish a job and have a screw left over, give a moments thought to what the screw is meant to attach before driving off...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X