Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoebelala - Mid air collision

<Cue Battle of Britain Music>

After many many 'combat' flights unsuccessfully bringing down anything else, I was flying formation with a friend of mine this evening and shredded his rudder with my prop! Talk about spectacular!

It looked like he had control initially, but he panicked and ended up in a spiral dive. His port wind ripped off during what had to be an overspeed about 10 feet from the ground, and the starboard followed immediately afterwards.

I didn't seem to have any control problems but landed anyway just incase. I was right, no damage.

I now need a sticker for the Sprinter. First 'shootdown', a Precedent Electrafly!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

I know models have a lot of time and money spent on them but I couldn't help but laugh when one got shot down by a golf ball. The pilot had been using a nice smooth bit of the fairway on the South Beds Golf Course as his runway. It was totally accidental.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Best Crash

Having flown for nearly25yrs Ive seen a few spills in my time. The best I can re call was when I used to fly at Northwick park in Harrow. A heli pilot was just opening up and increasing the rotor speed when a plane did a dead stick cross wind landing and went straight through the heli's baldes. Shredded wot 4 anyone plus some foul language to say the least.
      I wrote off my Graphik 40 some years back, it was mid winter and our flying field belongs to a farmer. In the adjacent field Brussel sprouts were growing to almost 4ft high. I did a low inverted pass over the sprout field and had a mental block, I pulled back instead of pussing forward. MMMMMMMMMMM Black bin liner time and lots of bits.
      hey, thats part of the risk we take when we fly. Still, Its a lovely hot day today, I'll be on the patch late afternoon.

Comment

a while back...
        i had a real bad day and was walking the dogs round the racecourse muttering to myself about the unfairness of it all. over head there was one of the aggrevating little buzz boxes (no offence!) so that got sworn at too. then some one else turned up with a hawker hunter which on a good day would have quite impressed me. not this day. as it went up i muttered quietly 'for ####s sake why dont you just crash?' and low and behold the only to things in the air crashed right into each other. i am ashamed to say as it all went suddenly quiet, the 'pilot' said 'oh....' and i laughed like a drain. next day i found half a wing in the long grass and kept it as proof of my powers over things of the air...
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Evil man!

Here's what I'm flying at the mo.
          Attached Files

Comment

hope you don't mind me adding to this post. Ref the real flying with helecoptor, how much does it cost to train doing that ??

Thanks

Comment

I dont fly the real thing, I work with them. Re. the cost of learning to fly one, no idea but you can join the Army Air Corps and do it for free! Plus you might get to fly bad ass stuff like my avatar!

Just been out with the Sprinter. Lost my canopy It came off at about 500ft up and landed in long grass. Glad I have a spare!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                <Cue Battle of Britain Music>

After many many 'combat' flights unsuccessfully bringing down anything else, I was flying formation with a friend of mine this evening and shredded his rudder with my prop! Talk about spectacular!

It looked like he had control initially, but he panicked and ended up in a spiral dive. His port wind ripped off during what had to be an overspeed about 10 feet from the ground, and the starboard followed immediately afterwards.

I didn't seem to have any control problems but landed anyway just incase. I was right, no damage.

I now need a sticker for the Sprinter. First 'shootdown', a Precedent Electrafly!
                Hi M8

I have had 5 hours of flying today, nothing as exiting as you but we did have formation twinstars at mere inches apart.

I flew my wot 4 and an edge 540 today in the best weather we have seen for over a year.

Sounds like you have had a fun day out, Mid airs are always cool

Happy flying
                I used to have a surf me!

Comment

I dont fly the real thing, I work with them. Re. the cost of learning to fly one, no idea but you can join the Army Air Corps and do it for free! Plus you might get to fly bad ass stuff like my avatar!

Just been out with the Sprinter. Lost my canopy It came off at about 500ft up and landed in long grass. Glad I have a spare!

I lost the exhaust off the os max in the wot 4. spent half an hour in the fields north of our site looking for it but no chance Will probably turn up chewing up the lawnmover blades next time we cut it.
                  I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Evil man!

Here's what I'm flying at the mo.
                    The A10 Tankbuster is cool, love those planes!
                    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Working...
                    X