Truck Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck Service

I serviced my truck yesterday. Changed the oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter and drained and re-filled auto box with fresh ATF oil. Put Slick 50 ATF treatment into AT box and added 2 bottles of wynns proffesional fuel cleaner and a bottle of engine oil treatment in. All filters used were genuine Toyota ones. She is a lot quieter now. Need to MOT her in next couple of weeks as runs out on 5th July.

Hi.
    I plan to service my truck next week and would like to know if the fuel filter is put on then primed or do I fill with fuel before putting on?

Comment

put the filter on then prime it with the plunger on top, i usually remove the outlet hose from the filter and holding a rag under the filter outlet pipe pump until fuel comes through then replace hose
      If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Remove the filter using a oil filter removal tool. Replace filter. Don't bother taking any hoses off. Just keep pushing the primer down till it goes hard, then start up. Mine never missed a beat, which surprised me, as I was expecting a little splutter.

Comment

Cheers for the replies, all ready to do service now.

Comment

Working...
          X