Mystery Banging.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Banging.....

Just recently my surf has developed a banging noise near the offside front wheel. I think it is the suspension, when I go round corners (not overly sharp) there just seems to be a clunk normally when the suspension depresses slightly due to angle of corner and the body moving.

Just wondering if anyone else has suffered this, I will be lifting the surf soon so if it is the suspension its not a problem but I am a little worried it could be more serious

thanks

James

Originally posted by Jameswood345
    Just recently my surf has developed a banging noise near the offside front wheel. I think it is the suspension, when I go round corners (not overly sharp) there just seems to be a clunk normally when the suspension depresses slightly due to angle of corner and the body moving.

Just wondering if anyone else has suffered this, I will be lifting the surf soon so if it is the suspension its not a problem but I am a little worried it could be more serious

thanks

James
    check bottom ball joint
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

thanks

James
      if you got kids bet its there music blasting.
      my stepsons driving me CRAZY
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

check cv joints mate thats the first thing id look at
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

just like a bus they all come at once
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Ok I will go and have a look, are these normally expensive to sort out?

Thanks

James

Comment

Ok I will go and have a look, are these normally expensive to sort out?

Thanks

James
              inner cv joint from milners £76.
              Pops

Comment

Originally posted by popbriscoe
                inner cv joint from milners £76.
                http://www.milneroffroad.com/
                Pops

Comment

Ok, just had a good look and nothing appears to be wrong, any tips on what especially to look for?

Is this a serious problem and is it something I can look at further in the next few weeks or does it need attention straight away?

Thanks

James

Comment

Ok, just had a good look and nothing appears to be wrong, any tips on what especially to look for?

Is this a serious problem and is it something I can look at further in the next few weeks or does it need attention straight away?

Thanks

James
                    you sure its not the old steering stops problem?
                    look in FAQ about surf section on homepage.
                    Pops

Comment

Pretty sure it isn't as the wheel is no where near full lock, I do have 33 inch tyres on a otherwise standard setup, does anyone else run this?

Comment

Pretty sure it isn't as the wheel is no where near full lock, I do have 33 inch tyres on a otherwise standard setup, does anyone else run this?
                        31s are usually the max without a body lift.Maybe the tyres are hitting something sometimes?

Neville

Comment

Thanks

James
                          jack up the front end so the wheels are clear of the ground by about 3", get someone to put a big bar under the wheel and pull upwards, look at bottom balljoint behind wheel, see if there's any play in it
                          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                          [size=5][/size]
                          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Working...
                          X