Isle of Barra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isle of Barra

Just a taster of some pics of Barra i took last weekend if anyones interested,the ones at the bottom are best

What a stunning place when the sun's shining, and yes...... it's in Scotland!!!

Last edited by smiffy; 30 May 2006, 21:58.
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

looks amazing mate! fantastic beaches there. is that your truck in the pics? looks nice

yours has just had the head fixed is that right? i got mine done too - on friday. i get the lumpiness on start up too - spoke to tonyn at a kite festival and he said just put a bottle of injector cleaner into 1/4 tank of diesel

would be keen to get up to scotland for a trip this year. now the surf is sorted i have more freedom. how much was the ferry over to barra - is it close to mull? i've been there when i was young

great pics dude!
    problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by skyhooked
      looks amazing mate! fantastic beaches there. is that your truck in the pics? looks nice

yours has just had the head fixed is that right? i got mine done too - on friday. i get the lumpiness on start up too - spoke to tonyn at a kite festival and he said just put a bottle of injector cleaner into 1/4 tank of diesel

would be keen to get up to scotland for a trip this year. now the surf is sorted i have more freedom. how much was the ferry over to barra - is it close to mull? i've been there when i was young

great pics dude!
      Yeah thats my truck.

New head fitted,runs great a part from the lumpy start. I'll try the redex tonight.
      Thought i'd better explore some of Scotland before going abroad this year. The weather made it all the better.
      The ferry was £206 (5 day return) for the truck and 2 passengers. A bit steep but my accommodation was free.
      It's close to Mull,you sail past Mull from Oban to get there. The journeys about 5 hours or 6/7 hours if you sail via Coll and Tiree. There's other options of gettin there via ferry as well. See http://www.calmac.co.uk/

If your brave enough when the tides out at the airport( the beach) you can take your truck onto the beach,the tide goes out for about 1 mile. Watch out for cockle pickers though and if the wind sock's up watch out for planes!!!

You can fly as well but then you canny take your truck ,so that wouldn't be much fun.

Oh,see your into surfin and kite things (is it the things on wheels with kite attatched)??? I'd imagine the wind on the west coast off the Atlantic would be ideal with the mile long beaches
      Last edited by smiffy; 31 May 2006, 17:51.
      www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Working...
      X