I want my hilux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want my hilux

Ok, heres the deal. I have finally finished school, have my job in a garage set up, and have money coming in. Now, i can get what I want. I want a hilux, but in reality, im goin into this blind. I am not of yet mad into off road, so I think i would prefere a nice clean, mean looking road goin machine, with a nice few horses. I was thinkn about the model from 95-, but cant make out much from engine info other than that there is a few different models. Would prefere to go diesel, just because i love the grunt! I have an idea in my head what I want, but I need direction. Please, everyone, push me where I should be going. Thanks

Re

Hi Mate & Welcome To The Forum!

How old are you?

Where in Ireland do you come from?

Why are you interested in a Surf, what prompted you in the first place?

There are literally 100's of threads regarding the choices but I suppose n the end it will be up to you!

My advice is simply NOT to buy in haste!

Also, if you want good one, look here first!

My choice would have to be a 2nd Gen 3.0 SSR-G!

That seems to be the most popular!

(In BLUE of course!)

Later!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny303
      Ok, heres the deal. I have finally finished school, have my job in a garage set up, and have money coming in. Now, i can get what I want. I want a hilux, but in reality, im goin into this blind. I am not of yet mad into off road, so I think i would prefere a nice clean, mean looking road goin machine, with a nice few horses. I was thinkn about the model from 95-, but cant make out much from engine info other than that there is a few different models. Would prefere to go diesel, just because i love the grunt! I have an idea in my head what I want, but I need direction. Please, everyone, push me where I should be going. Thanks
      Have you checked out insurance costs?

Shab.
      Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

sort out what you want ,ie engine,model , and extras then put a wanted ad on this forum, be a bit flexible and happy surfing, by the way welcome to the site
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Sorted

I dont no why I really love them, i geuss its cos me and my m8 had one in a field 4 a while, and it wud do anythin we asked of it, including runin ova his old motocorss bike. Im 17, and i no it may sound strange but insurance dont matter. one of the perks of wrkn in a garage is full insurance on any car! im well conected to the owner so im insured 4 rec and social use aswel, so insurance aint a hassel. i know ive got to decide what i want, but really, advise is what im looking for, jus ideas, pull wot i want out of it sorta thing. im just south of dublin btw

Comment

Definatly check your insurance 1st, im 21 an my insurance is
            ......*wait for it *...........£2200.
            Hate to say it but the insurance could be the deciding factor weather you get one or not
            Cheers
            Scotty

Drink Jagermeister Responsibly

Comment

like i said, insurance is covered, im on an open policy

Comment

go for a 3.0td 2nd gen then, make sure it is serviced regularly , DEFINITELY DOS'NT OVERHEAT, and hasnt been abused , i saw a few before i picked mine so dont jump in feet first on the first surf you see, have a good look around all the best dave
                i understand the 2.4 is a bit underpowered
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny303
                  like i said, insurance is covered, im on an open policy
                  a very nice way to be
                  got my surf at 20 and insurance still hurts
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett
                    Hi Mate & Welcome To The Forum!

How old are you?

Where in Ireland do you come from?

Why are you interested in a Surf, what prompted you in the first place?

There are literally 100's of threads regarding the choices but I suppose n the end it will be up to you!

My advice is simply NOT to buy in haste!

Also, if you want good one, look here first!

My choice would have to be a 2nd Gen 3.0 SSR-G!

That seems to be the most popular!

(In BLUE of course!)

Later!

Gary

these are wise words (esp about the colour) heed them, Oh and welcome.........a young man with taste.......a rare comodity nowadays
                    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                    Tony

Comment

Originally posted by avalon
                      Definatly check your insurance 1st, im 21 an my insurance is
                      ......*wait for it *...........£2200.
                      Hate to say it but the insurance could be the deciding factor weather you get one or not
                      Sorry to jump in on a thread like this, but, wouldn,t you be better off with a trader policy?
                      Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                        i understand the 2.4 is a bit underpowered
                        Mine seems fine, it out pulls pajreo's.

But I've never driven a 3.0ltr.

I guess it depends on how you like your 4x4's, I prefer them without all the modern plastic junk (like pajero's etc)

I think any surf will do more or less all you ask of it except beat the boy racers off the lights, but then it wont handle like a sports car either, and they dont stop too good.

But its all personal choice.
                        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                          Mine seems fine, it out pulls pajreo's.

But I've never driven a 3.0ltr.

I guess it depends on how you like your 4x4's, I prefer them without all the modern plastic junk (like pajero's etc)

I think any surf will do more or less all you ask of it except beat the boy racers off the lights, but then it wont handle like a sports car either, and they dont stop too good.

But its all personal choice.
                          That all depends on what the said boy racers are driving, and how you drive yours. I tend to find that they give up once you start to veer onto there lane!!!!
                          Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

I was just gonna say the same thing. These boy racers might be quick off at the lights, but when it comes to jumping in a hedge when your in the middle of the road coming the opposit way they don't stand a chance.........hehehe

Also, I cry with laughter when the mob with the lowered gear get stuck trying to get through floods down here.

Mean while I just plod up to them in the middle of the flood and then with a big smile engage 2nd and create a huge back wash projecting their scoops and neons skimmering like boats back to tarmac,

O for living in Rainy Devon

Comment

this is why i want a hilux. can you point me in the direction of some sites, that can help me raise my baby when i get it. is there much trouble fitting after market turbos to them?

Comment

Working...
                              X