Not all toyota owners have brains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sumo
    Ok Gareth is my 15 year old son and is saving up for his first car and as Rick said saw an oppotunity and went for it.However the point is if the bloke had come over and asked for help he would have got it for nothing,it was just so amussing to watch him avoid asking.
    put yourself in this guys position in his view he was approached by an unknown teenage male asking for money
    he has no way of knowing that the teenager in front of him is genuine and capable of doing the task needed
    because in the popular press we are inundated with stories of lowlife teenagers who would slit the throat of anybody for less than a tenner he is probaly more than more than a little bit paranoid
    my personal experience is the vast majority of teenagers today are decent and genuine ( I try not to take what is reported by the media as gospel!) however not too many of the younger generation are capable of nor interested in car maintenance in any form ( I base this on my personal experience of my sons mates who are well into cars and all kinds of mods and upgrades to their cars but to my amazement have no clue of how to do these mods themselves they pay or more likely get their parents to pay to get the work done!)
    taking into account that the media make great efforts to report every incidence of violent crimes involving teenagers I reckon I would have reacted in a similar way ( don't forget I try not to take what is reported by the media as gospel!)
    Recently I was accosted (how it seemed to me at he time) by a teenage lad who asked if he could use my mobile phone to call his mum as he had no credit on his phone
    I was immediately suspicious and told him to eff off
    in hindsight he could have been genuine as I have said I believe the vast majority of teenagers are
    but because of the media's incessant reporting of every teenage related crime I reacted in a paranoid way
    and in all likelihood this is how this guy felt and believe me once you feel threatened you are not likely to want to approach anyone remotely associated to your perceived threat

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
      Theres something not quite right about this thread, I wasnt there and dont know the build up but think about this folks

Somebody walks over to you, in pretty much any situation and offers to help in return for a tenner, what would you think of them? You may or may not accept their help but youd certainly not think well of that person. I cant understand why you wouldnt simply walk over and offer to help without asking for money. That is what most decent people would do isnt it?

Maybe its a sign that Im getting old but this doesnt amuse me at all. What is wrong with people nowadays.

Bogus
      Agreed. I would have just offered the use of the wheel brace. If your kid had come to me asking for a tenner I would have told him to f**k off too.
      I don't find it funny watching someone struggle with a broken down vehicle, having been there myself, but hey, it takes all sorts I suppose.

Comment

Lol
        3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
          Yesterday while we was at the Chelmsford sevices waiting for Surfjess,a toyota celica F reg pulled into the sevices with a flat tyre.The guy got out kicked the tyre,got back in and went to the airline.This is where the fun starts,now wether he didnt want to pay 20p or not he didnt put any air in the tyre but drove off and parked at the end off the garage.We had a perfect veiw.He opened his boot,took out his spare but couldnt find the jack,after a few minuets serching he found it,but not the wheelbrace. Hang on it gets better.His girlfriend is now not happy and his macho image is dented.Enter Gareth !! who wanders over and asks if he want him to change for him for £10,F....OFF says the bloke,Gareth shrugs and wanders back with a huge grin on his face and making a discret shaking of the hand movment indicting that the bloke is a right w*nker.
          Said bloke is now desperatly looking for a wheel brace and is asking everyone (and we mean everyone) ecept us who have a toyota plus a complete toolkit and all the usual junk that lives in the back of my surf,including a plug in tyre inflator for a wheel brace,he get a couple but NONE of them fit,then the old bill arrive and he asks them for help,well as he is not causing an obstruction or enything they say BUGGA OFF and go about their business.By now we are crying and the surf is nearly as wet as Jotto's was at Bures.We thought finaly he had swalloed his pride when he walked in our direction but NO he went to the car next to us and asked if he could borrow their wheel brace,yes said the guy but will a mini wheelbrace fit.The surf erupted with howls of mirth and the bloke went away to the phone box and called the RAC to change his wheel.Now I'm not a vidictive type of guy and all this MUPPET had to do was ask and I would have yes,but his image was damaged and his girlfriend was giving him a hard time for being a plonker.
          All in all it made for some great entertainment on a saturday afternoon.I might go back again today to see what else is happening.
          Is that why I missed it Richard it was on Sunday we met or Cos I was late ??

There's Always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
          X