No announcement yet.

Surfers in West Yorkshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, just back from central France (where i took the Surf) and picked up on this thread, i live in Pudsey, next to Tong, so sounds good for a meet. Hope the beers cheap though...second mortgage for trip was not enough!!!
    Is it supposed to sound like this??

Comment

Originally posted by mikey2119
      Hi, just back from central France (where i took the Surf) and picked up on this thread, i live in Pudsey, next to Tong, so sounds good for a meet. Hope the beers cheap though...second mortgage for trip was not enough!!!

I used to live in Pudsey, Had a place on Laurel Terrace of Richardshaw Lane and another at Wesley Row by Lidgett hill.

I worked at Johnson Radley in those days, its gone now of course.

I am in for the Tong Meet.

I am in Brazil from the 23rd for 2 weeks so if its after I return then I am able to join y'all
      I used to have a surf me!

Comment

It might be good if we meet up before the 16th July's off road trip at Langdale Quest.
        That way atleast we know one another before turning up there as we will be in our toys most of the day and know who to laugh at when they get stuck.

Comment

It might be good if we meet up before the 16th July's off road trip at Langdale Quest.
          That way atleast we know one another before turning up there as we will be in our toys most of the day and know who to laugh at when they get stuck.

I must have missed this? have we decided on the 16th? I have been missing for a few dayz.........

How many of us? who is organising it? Do we pay in advance? so many questions....

Comment

me too. last i looked it was you who suggested that date?

Comment

This thread seems to have stuck but with no definate plans.
              So howz about Sunday 9th July at Tong pub, time? 1...2..??? Any ideas folks? and its a good family pub, so partners and kids are always welcome there. Huge car park just waiting to be filled with gleeming Surfs
              And its a week before Langdale

Comment

Attached is map showing location of Tong for whoever doesn't know where it is, it is only one street so you cannot miss the Greyhound pub midway through it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Are you sure you mean The Greyhound last time I was in there it was a small village pub with a tiny car park. The Kings Arms on Bradford rd is a much larger family pub with a huge car park.

Comment

Originally posted by Leodis
                    Are you sure you mean The Greyhound last time I was in there it was a small village pub with a tiny car park. The Kings Arms on Bradford rd is a much larger family pub with a huge car park.

Greyhound has a decent sized car park. It extends to the right in front of the bowling green.

Comment

Yeh, as phoebs says, definately decent sized car park. but Kings Arms is also ok if you want.
                      Last edited by mikey2119; 8 June 2006, 23:40.

Comment

Yeh, as phoebs says, definately decent sized car park. but Kings Arms is also ok if you want.
                        OK WHEN?
                        Trust your Hound.

Comment

Howz about 2 ish?

Comment

Howz about 2 ish?
                            2 ish is fine but we aint decided a date yet or which pub Greyhound or Kings??
                            Trust your Hound.

Comment

i can`t make it
                              Ian

Comment

Not being a local myself, which would be the easiest for everyone to get to as i think one or two are coming from Sheffield way, and some from Ilkley direction. Don't think car parkings a problem at either, and i see Phoebelala's off on his jollies which is why he suggested it to be after he gets back.
                                I only suggested 9th July as its the week before Langdale off roader.

I'm easily led, so come on folks, what you all think?

Comment

Working...
                                X