Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to spot a new head?

'92 SSR-X

I couldnt find a defacto answer by searching the forums...

Is there a way to spot a new head just by looking in the engine bay? If so, what exactly am I looking for? Is it true that the head serial number should = the chassis/ engine numer - are they all supposed to be the same on the original vehicle?

I gather the old heads were cast (what material? Iron??) - what are the replacement heads made from?

oooh so many questions.

you'll get bored of me soon.

And this is the first vehicle that actually PURRS when i put me foot down - is that good or bad??!!!!! someone said it was 'turbo whistle' but i get in when the turbo light is on or off.

I need a veteran surfer to take mine for a spin and proclaim it fit-for-purpose.... any takers? - Worcester based.
    Last edited by legendgamesmaster; 26 May 2006, 13:45.
    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

hi legend

im quite new - and like you i found the advice on here spot on - its an amazing resource, its like having a diagnostic support team. one day i hope i can give a little back - but right now i know bugger all!

heres what i was told when i asked similar questions to you

1) update vehicle details in avatar

2) drive it and dont worry till it happens! i'm getting the new head put on mine as we speak, not really a big deal!

as far as i know, the waterways in the old head were too close to the valve seats or something and so could crack there. parently the new ones are built up around there so dont have that problem

as for materials, i dont know - best wait for someone with a clue to answer that! have fun with it mate!
    problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

Working...
    X