yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent help needed!! disc brake removal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help needed!! disc brake removal!

right,

I have followed vincels instructions, but now i'm stuck.

i've wrestled the caliper off, and undone the 6 12mm bolts on the hub. finally managed to get the small hub cove off and have undone the brass 12mm bolt in the middle.

WHAT DO I DO NOW!

i've got a multi-splined nut typr thing in the middle. is this supposed to come off? if so, how? If not to I have to keep swingin on the disc to try to ease it off?

urgent response needed, as the longer I take, the more chance I have of getting rained on.

cheers,

Mart
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

Originally posted by B16mts
    right,

I have followed vincels instructions, but now i'm stuck.

i've wrestled the caliper off, and undone the 6 12mm bolts on the hub. finally managed to get the small hub cove off and have undone the brass 12mm bolt in the middle.

WHAT DO I DO NOW!

i've got a multi-splined nut typr thing in the middle. is this supposed to come off? if so, how? If not to I have to keep swingin on the disc to try to ease it off?

urgent response needed, as the longer I take, the more chance I have of getting rained on.

cheers,

Mart
    Not done this job my self but I would think there is a large nut that holds the hub and bearings in place that you need to remove.

Found a pic for you
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jotto; 25 May 2006, 14:06.
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

that's what i'd hoped, however there just a shaft with 20 or so splines on it. not sure whether the whole lot is supposed to slide off it or what.

cheers,

Mart

Comment

figured it out with thanks to the search button!!

nearly done one side, just can't get the feckin pin out that holds the old pads in!

i'll let you know when i'm done (hopefully before it goes dark!)

Mart

Comment

I've done it!!!

All in all, think it took about 5 hours. Whoever said it would take an hour, must have a better set of tools than me, looser nuts, and a good idea of what they were doin.

Took it for a little run to test the brakes, and boiled them with a few over enthusiastic emergency stops. Will they be alright once cooled down?

That is not a job i will hurry in doing again!

cheers,

Mart

Comment

Working...
          X