Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay pulled the plug on me!!!

I found an inclinometer on ebay (USA) which was going cheap, It was up to
    $6.50 with eleven hours to go and i dont think it was going much higher, It was an old unit out of a earley eightys 4 runner pick-up and would have been dash mounted i guess (not in its own pod on the dash like the surf ones),
    However it would have done for an overhead console i'm thinking of making,
    I just got an email saying ebay have withdrawn the item and indeed all the sellers other stuff (ebay shop), At first i thought the seller had yanked it as it was'nt makeing much bucks, But its ebay thats pulled it!!!! Why would they do that?, What do you reccon this guys done, They pulled everything so i got no contact detalis left, (should have added it to my favorites), They've
    f****d me out of the first decent/cheap inclinometer i've come accross,
    The dirty rotten swines, Is there any way of finding out why they pulled his add?????,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

counterfeit goods is a biggy with ebay. when you list an item now just before you submit it big red writing at bottom comes up asking if you are listing counterfeit goods...like anyone doing so would say no anyway.

anyhow, that could be the reason, or not, but maybe, or not, but you never know...or do you, i don't know.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

He's probably been ripping people off and he's been rumbled. It may be a blessing in disguise, he may have made off with your money and you ended up without your Inclinometer?!
      I like Orientals

Comment

Dont think it woulda been counterfiet judgeing by the pic, it looked old and was'nt gonna make him huge ammounts of dosh, Would'nt be worth the bother counterfieting something like that,

Comment

maybe not what you were hoping to buy, but maybe something else he was selling or had sold turned out to be counterfeit/fake in that case they could pull plug on all his items, even if they are obviously genuine like the inclinometer you were looking at.

have you contacted ebay to find out?

i paypal bought a dvd with buy it now and 10 mins after i had paid i got an email from ebay saying they had pulled this product so not to bid, but i'd already bought it!!! wasn't happy, but luckily the guy still sent it to me and it was ok, but obviously not genuine copy.
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

He may have had his account suspended for not paying his fees.

Comment

I had a similar problem.. I won an auction for a 1/32 scale surf model being sold in china... The seller seemed to have a good feedback rating too... A few days after i had paid i got a message from ebay tellin me they had closed this guys account due to him ripping ppl off or something...

I wasnt too bothered as i only paid 9 quid for the item including postage. but i emailed the seller looking for an explanation...He actually replied and said he would still send the item but a week later i received my money back through paypal.

Not sure now if the guy was trying to rip me off or not now....

Cant complain really...

Comment

I run our companies ebay site to clear a load of unwanted quality goods that cannot sell, but ebay pulled our plug because i was contravening their rules by having a link to our companies web site. And unless you pay them extra bucks, they pull you off (wah hey!! ), sorry, they pull the plug on all your sales and you have to re-submit you goods.
                Just shows that it can actually be something trivial that ended the guys sale, he didn't have to be a con artist.
                Is it supposed to sound like this??

Comment

ian did you know that l###rover inclinometers are quite cheap? they call em terrain meters or some such...
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

What about this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-S...QQcmdZViewItem
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                      ian did you know that l###rover inclinometers are quite cheap? they call em terrain meters or some such...
                      Cheers charlie! No i did'nt, I'll look out for one, I have to admit that after preaching that i would'nt pay more than £30 for one on principal I just got out bid on one (new Zealand) Iput a top bid of $120.00 and it went for $122.50 (£60 or so?) So much for principals,,, I did a search on land meters but all i got was geologicle equ for surveying etc, Back to the search
                      Cheers mate.

Comment

how much!!!!!!
                        http://www.mattsavage.com/acatalog/Accessories.html
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                          Yeah mate i know!! am i mad, Theres a lot of those ones about but their not
                          quite right if you know what i mean, They look a bit cheap although i dont doubt they work ok, I did get one from hong kong for a quid but was so dissapointed with it im putting it on my grandsons little bick hes getting for his birthday, Ihave found an aftermarket one that dos'nt look to bad, Its got
                          pitch and roll and a altimeter (and lighting) so if all else fails i'll get that, Ian

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                            Yeah mate i know!! am i mad, Theres a lot of those ones about but their not
                            quite right if you know what i mean, They look a bit cheap
                            exactly, i looked at these and thought the same, they might be ok, they just look mickey mouse.
                            The benchmark....

Comment

Originally posted by huff_diggler
                              exactly, i looked at these and thought the same, they might be ok, they just look mickey mouse.

i've got one of these it is really good perfect for offroading its great !!!!

i lied its cr@p
                              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                              X