anybody know about goldfish??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikey2119
    Who'd 'av thot a couple of pets costing a couple o'quid each would be so complicated. Probably cheaper gettin a dog mate
    Even a woman isn't that complicated to look after!!

you try being married to a Cornish woman then,then you'll know how complicated they can be......i only wrote this cause shes just gone out.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Make sure she does'nt see it then
      you try being married to a Cornish woman then,then you'll know how complicated they can be......i only wrote this cause shes just gone out.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        Make sure she does'nt see it then

https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Its all been said and good advise too!! Bowls should be banned along with
          giving away fish at fairgrounds and the like, I've got pond fish and tropicles
          (along with a free range terrapin in a pond in the liveing room) Theres only too large tropicle fish in a fairly large tank but they still need good water
          circulation to survive, Get em out of that bowl double quick and into a decent
          tank with air, Best of all though is to get advice before you buy and save fish or animals suffering.
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

as already stated the bowl is lacking oxygen.
            I used to keep tropical fish [18", 24" and 36" tanks] with variety of fish [guppys, mollies, kissing gouramis, neon tetras, red-tailed shark, angel fish and siamese fighting fish]

Oxygen
            Either use oxygenating plants or purchase a small pump, clear pipe and airstone. A reputable pet shop should be able to advise. This will also help to keep the water cleaner although from time-to-time you will have to change the water.

Cleaning
            If like me you had several tanks you can purchase a cleaner that uses the pump to pull the water through a gauze so that the muck and algae is captured into the gauze and the water is returned cleaner.

Periodically, I use to place the small pebbles into a pan and bring the water upto a simmer to
            1) Kill the bacteria
            2) You can see the scum on the top of the water.

Water
            It is better if you can capture rain-water as this will be more Ph balanced than Tap water.

Let the water captured come upto room temperature before changing some of the water - you dont have to change all of it unless your giving it a thorough clean.

Adding New Fish
            Always keep the new fish in its water in the bag and place the bag into the tanks water before releasing the fish. This will allow the water in the bag to match that of the tank.
            Gaz

Comment

[QUOTE=Gizmo]as already stated the bowl is lacking oxygen.
              I used to keep tropical fish [18", 24" and 36" tanks] with variety of fish [guppys, mollies, kissing gouramis, neon tetras, red-tailed shark, angel fish and siamese fighting fish]

Oxygen

Cleaning

Water

Adding New Fish

there's always one isn't there
              Is it supposed to sound like this??

Comment

Where did the gravel come from and the tank??
                was it cleaned properly before you added water and fish??
                May be the fish are suffering because of properties in the gravel or on the tank. As my neighbour once found out that the tank he brought had been used for marine fish before he had it. To late, the remains of salt in the tank did his goldfish in.
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

I have a choice of three fish I could lend you to solve the problem. A 12" Red Head cichlid, an 8" Xingu Pike cichlid, or a 10" Jaguar cichlid. Put one of them in the tank before you go to bed...

... next morning the problem, and the goldfish, will be gone
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                    I have a choice of three fish I could lend you to solve the problem. A 12" Red Head cichlid, an 8" Xingu Pike cichlid, or a 10" Jaguar cichlid. Put one of them in the tank before you go to bed...

... next morning the problem, and the goldfish, will be gone
                    nice idea but i dont think mi daughter will like it somehow....
                    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                      Where did the gravel come from and the tank??
                      was it cleaned properly before you added water and fish??
                      May be the fish are suffering because of properties in the gravel or on the tank. As my neighbour once found out that the tank he brought had been used for marine fish before he had it. To late, the remains of salt in the tank did his goldfish in.
                      the gravel came from the local branch of pets at home, and the tank was an hand mi down from a family member. all the gravel and tank was cleaned out with boiling hot water and left to soak, but no cleaning chemicals were used.

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
                        Get yourself a nome with a fishing rod and some worms
                        already got the gnome and a rod just need some worms....anybody??

Comment

Originally posted by mikey2119
                          Who'd 'av thot a couple of pets costing a couple o'quid each would be so complicated. Probably cheaper gettin a dog mate
                          Even a woman isn't that complicated to look after!!
                          when youve got a women like mine you will do anything to keep her quiet!!

and i will deny all knowledge that i said this ssssshhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by slim
                            when youve got a women like mine you will do anything to keep her quiet!!

and i will deny all knowledge that i said this ssssshhhhhh
                            The first rule for any man in a marriage/relationship. Learn how
                            to be a complete coward quickly.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                              The first rule for any man in a marriage/relationship. Learn how
                              to be a complete coward quickly.

Matt
                              me a coward nooooo way the mrs said i can say that

Comment

[quote=mikey2119]
                                Originally posted by Gizmo
                                as already stated the bowl is lacking oxygen.

Oxygen

Cleaning

Water

Adding New Fish

there's always one isn't there

And what is meant?
                                Gaz

Comment

Working...
                                X