Carpet in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet in

I spent the last few days struggling to fit the new carpet in so thought i'd
    bore the arse off everyone with some pics, Also sprayed some of the centre console and seat trim, Washed the seats (still wet though) and shoved the mats in the washing machine, Thought about dyeing em black but they washed up nice and dont look bad on black carpet, You would'nt believe the $hit that come out, Reccon its been offroaded and gone under takeing on muddy water, Made a slight ricket by cutting a hole in the console for the little back of switches (while it was off) only to find the rear heater fan is
    right behind the hole, Spacer now req for the switches, Teach me to check first, Sorry the pics are a bit blurry i must have the shakes, Should be able to fit the passinger seat tommrow if its stopped dripping,
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Good Job ive done that to an old MINI & it turned out really well.
    POPS will ask what GRIPPER ROD you used so just ignore him
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

It not worth me doing the carpet as i might do a JOTTO ......(flood it)
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Ian, very nice job...

Love the look of the grey on black for the centre console... I see you have been going mad with the LEDs again... very tidy... Looks like what might be courtesy lights for the rear footwells if I am not mistaken...?

Comment

I put the carpet back in mine today Put new under felt in and then the carpet, discovered I had put a slit in the wrong place in the felt for some wires so got the scissors out and put it right while the carpet was in place. put all the trims and the seats back and then cleared up only to find I had lost the scissors I can only guess that they are under the carpet under the drivers seat
          I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
            I had lost the scissors I can only guess that they are under the carpet under the drivers seat

check the wifes handbag... that's where scissors always end up... even if they do deny having them!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Looking good m8... one Q though whats the LED's for?

Stu
              http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

Your right andy! Footwell lights, The leds in the back of the console are blue
                to red (hot to cold) and a blue illumination for the slider, Dont think i've left anything under the carpet or at least i have'nt missed anything yet, While crawling around in there with just my socks on i felt something cold and wet on my toes, I put my foot in a tub of waxoll i was using to lube the bolts with,
                What a dick!!
                I cut up some bits of the old carpet for underfelt (after cleaning it) as the new stuff is thinner than the old, It'll help pad it out a bit,
                Managed to carpet it from front to back (under the dash to tailgate) in one
                peice although it was murder wrestling with it,

Comment

Nicely done Ian, more pictures please... sure other members would be curious...

Comment

Ok Andy, I'll get a few more pics and a short write up on the int lights and switch mods if you thing anyone would be interested, Better stick it under modifications i suppose, Ian

Comment

Thanks Ian,

can't wait to see what you do next...

Comment

Working...
                      X