wessex-hillrunners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wessex-hillrunners

Anyone on here a member ? if so do they welcome Surfs seems to be very L-rover orientated.I like the idea of green lane'n which they seem to have a CD of all the local one to me. Cheers John

One of my wifes friends is married to a guy who helps run the hillrunners she is going to ask her about it tonight but i remember her saying before they where all land rover/disco owners

Comment

I am an ex-member, they are mostly green oval badges.
      I attended one meeting during my year, on arrival the bloke taking my money said "are you going round in that!"
      I did manage to get stuck that day (my only time so far) mainly due to the fact I was following a modified LR and ended up slipping into a rut that left all four wheels off the ground!!
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

I know the secretary. VERY LR biased.

If you fancy a green lane day John, give me a shout, thinking of doing one between Andover and Winchester and maybe towards Basingstoke.
        I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Danno

If you fancy a green lane day John, give me a shout, thinking of doing one between Andover and Winchester and maybe towards Basingstoke.

Sounds fun keep me posted so i can tell mellons to give me the time to finnish my latest mod By the way whats the lead time for coil spacers???
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Danno

I'd be up for it, just like the idea of knowing where all these green lanes are and if they have a CD with all the lanes within 30miles of portsmouth would like to get hold of a copy. Have plenty of OS maps but not always sure if there are any local restrictions on the byways. Anyway always up for a bit of mud and should have my 31x10.5's fitted soon. Cheers all the best John

Comment

Originally posted by John McC
              I'd be up for it, just like the idea of knowing where all these green lanes are and if they have a CD with all the lanes within 30miles of portsmouth would like to get hold of a copy.
              Do they charge for it? I can give you OS of all the lanes I know around here and tell you if they are navigable on your own (although you should never be alone of course ). Prob is this time of year many are getting very overgrown!
              I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Well just though that the CD would be nice to have and yes they charge for it think it was £1.50 or there abouts. As to going out on my own would only do the very easy ones on my own also as to the over grown side of it still have some scratches from Salisbury to polish out yet so would think about some of the more open one this time of year. But up for most thing as long as the surf will survive as its my only means of getting to work and back.

Comment

Working...
                X