Who sells the best diesel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who sells the best diesel ?

Normally use Shell , but had to fill up at a Total station the other week . Made a big difference , it's never smoke free , but the black clouds from burning the Total fuel sent small children scurrying for cover.
    Ran it down and put some Esso in and it's back to normal .
    What do others use ?
    Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

The cheapest I can find, its only to thin the veg oil out!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

hewden plant hire... whatever's left in a bowser.
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

what fuel

Tesco's seems ok!
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Tescos......cos mrs D wants the points.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            hewden plant hire... whatever's left in a bowser.

Not much plant runs on white
            Stella Artois

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
              Normally use Shell , but had to fill up at a Total station the other week . Made a big difference , it's never smoke free , but the black clouds from burning the Total fuel sent small children scurrying for cover.
              What do others use ?
              check out Jacksters Brave Lads post gotta be cheap if you can get some !
              Last edited by bobo; 23 May 2006, 10:59.

Comment

i get my white diesel for 60p per litre ! can't tell you where though !

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
                  What do others use ?
                  Hi,
                  This is a straight answer to your question; the best diesel is prolly BP Ultimate on the market for the past two and a half years..due to the development work and testing which they have carried out...It is certainly clean and offers excellant performance. There are claims of increased mileage..
                  The downside is cost of this is reflected in the price to the retailer which then has the tax bringing it to an average of £1.09 per litre at the pump.
                  As an aside, but relevant, many people doing big mileages, are using all sorts of more economic alternative fuels as seen by the response you are seeing....The long term effects of this are yet to be discovered... I think there will be a maintenance cost increase due to incompatibility of fuel with some standard components, but I am guessing and, will hopefully, for our friends out there be overly pessimistic in this surmise...
                  I used to use BP or Esso in far north of Scotland (remote area) but now use a supermarket fuel due to "filling station" closures...

Peter w

Comment

Originally posted by jackster

Not much plant runs on white
                    the bigger stuff like telehandlers, dumpers all that's road registered.
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I tried the BP Ultimate for some considerable time and mileage...

My opinion, and I stand to be corrected, is that the ECU on my 2nd Gen couldn't or wouldn't get its head round the product... I appears to be much happier with the cheaper alternatives. I now alternate between supermarket brands and branded brands...(?!)

Test for yourself, you may have more luck.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                        I tried the BP Ultimate for some considerable time and mileage...

My opinion, and I stand to be corrected, is that the ECU on my 2nd Gen couldn't or wouldn't get its head round the product... I appears to be much happier with the cheaper alternatives. I now alternate between supermarket brands and branded brands...(?!)

Test for yourself, you may have more luck.
                        I never noticed any difference

Comment

i use ultimate in a merc s55 amg (petrol) and it does make a difference in that car with the performance but not the mpg
                          i also used it in the wifes megan scenic and it wouldn't run right! the ecu couldn't get its head round the higher octane i think and was told to run on one or the other and not mix them
                          now for the diesel ultimate i found absolutely no difference in power or mpg when trying it in my scania truck it still only does 9 mpg tops
                          ive tried it in the surf and it dont seem to matter in that either
                          just a note all the fuel round here has just droped in price the last few days.
                          ive just filled up at morrisons in morley and it was 95.9 per litre
                          at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

Try here. www.petrolprices.com
                            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                              the bigger stuff like telehandlers, dumpers all that's road registered.
                              I thought stuff registered as plant or ag machines that did limited road miles could run on red??? Was wondering if I tied a shovel to the bumper of the surf I could persuade them it was a digger?
                              Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Working...
                              X