keep an open for this.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keep an open for this.....

Some thieving scrotes have broken into my folks yard and nicked a brand new boat in the middle of the night. Its a brand new Drago Fiesta 550, its not particulraly common in the UK. it also doesnt have an engine. or should I say it didnt have an engine 24 hours ago, i suppose it might have one now.

the worst is that it wasnt insured so my mums now 10k out of pocket.

Im just asking you guys and girls to keep an eye open on your travels, its towable by car as its only 18' long, but still, I know you lot move about a fair bit and tend to notice other vehicles towing.

cheers.
    Attached Files
    she's no angel

any name? distinuishing features??

i'm off to wolvehampton tonight and every night this week... so i'll keep me peepers open.

where was it stolen from? croydon??
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

nothing really remarkable except its completely new so would look fairly pristine. so it has no name, no waterways licence number, and possible no engine yet, which is also unusual as most boats this size would have one. it might have a sticker on it saying nationwideboat sales, but i imagine it would have been removed. its also on a nice new road trailer.
      It was stolen from a yard in Chesterfield, Derbyshire. so it literally could have gone in any direction.
      i imagine its long gone or stashed away in someones garden or garage... but no harm in keeping a look out.
      Last edited by Toyney; 22 May 2006, 17:55.
      she's no angel

Comment

gotta be worth trying the home insurance?

they cover the lawnmower if it gets nicked!

Comment

well, its my folks business, they used to sell boats from the yard, but they closed it last year because they had enough of dealing with nasty/rude/ dishonest customers on an almost daily basis and went soley internet based. So i doubt they could claim on their house insurance!

theres a few boats left in the yard, mostly brokerage boats remaining in storage, and one or two of their own which they bought.

Im heading up there to make an inventory of their chandlery stock to sell in my ebay shop ( its a slight change from my pvc clothing ay!) so if anyone on here has a boat, big or small let me know if you need any fixings or paint or wotnot and I can have a look to see what they are clearing. Im pretty sure it will all go pretty cheap.
          she's no angel

Comment

i'll get back to you on that... need steering bits for a phantom (21' i think)

Comment

I had my 14 foot Fletcher nicked about 12 Years ago by the Dealer that went into receivership the CPS wouldnt entertain me & i was well out of pocket.
              I hope she gets it back & the thieving Scroats get whats coming!
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Toyney
                well, its my folks business, they used to sell boats from the yard, but they closed it last year because they had enough of dealing with nasty/rude/ dishonest customers on an almost daily basis and went soley internet based. So i doubt they could claim on their house insurance!

theres a few boats left in the yard, mostly brokerage boats remaining in storage, and one or two of their own which they bought.

Im heading up there to make an inventory of their chandlery stock to sell in my ebay shop ( its a slight change from my pvc clothing ay!) so if anyone on here has a boat, big or small let me know if you need any fixings or paint or wotnot and I can have a look to see what they are clearing. Im pretty sure it will all go pretty cheap.

Let me know whats on offer i got a 26 footer im after some cleats and mooring rings but will look at anything that might be usefull

Cheers mate

Maurice

Comment

Scumbags.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

My boss at work is a very keen boat enthusiast and is on forums all day on the net (so he can't complain about me doing it ).
                    I'll pass the datails of boat to him to post it on their sites to keep an eye out for it.
                    Is it supposed to sound like this??

Comment

Working...
                    X