• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How motorways work!!

Some friday night amusement............

http://www.howmotorwayswork.co.uk/

Good find Vince.
    I have been going on about the sheep for a long time. They fly up behind you in the centre lane and tailgate you until you move into the n/s lane, then they rocket up behind the next person in the centre lane and tailgate them, totally oblivious to the fact that there is a third lane for overtaking. They will never use the n/s lane. They are even more dangerous than the centre lane owners club.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

The 'xenon lights' made me chuckle.

Comment

GRRRR middle lane drivers....
        http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

Hey Vince

Brilliant one mate ( Dont mean the bluddie xzenon lights either ) i travel the road to hell every day (M25) and ive seen all of the ones on the site .

Keep up the good work

Maurice

Comment

i like the HGV bit.....
            A34 on a friday..... 2 lorries overtaking = 3 days on my journey....

carl.....
            gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

Originally posted by surfcarl
              i like the HGV bit.....
              A34 on a friday..... 2 lorries overtaking = 3 days on my journey....

carl.....
              HGVs also prefer to drive several vehicles at one tme, when I used to use the M25 for 100 miles a day I used to sit at a steady 55 cos the old girl sipped diesel at that speed and the Paj I had at the time wasn't comfortable to drive doing 70! They used to love flashing and waving at you as you were overtaking them as they were mad to get out and go past the HGV in front that was 0.0000000001MPH slower than they were. Ah well never mind, my advice to them is you drive yours, I'll drive mine, if you think I might get in your way then you should have left earlier!
              Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

I reckon the numb nut that has had the time time or inclination for that website has some serious issues !!! He / She hates everyone and everything about motorways !!

Read the comments someone thinks were all "mongs in 4x4's"

Comment

Oh where do we start?

Excellent site

Now we just need to do one entitled "The road markings and law really do apply to you" and another called "Reasons why not seeing me IS your fault".

Oh I could spend months writing those.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy W
                    I reckon the numb nut that has had the time time or inclination for that website has some serious issues !!! He / She hates everyone and everything about motorways !!
                    Yes, you are right. Motorways are highly pleasurable to drive upon.
                    How could someone be so stupid as to suggest things like that.

Originally posted by Andy W
                    Read the comments someone thinks were all "mongs in 4x4's"
                    Hell, I think some 4x4 drivers are mindless tw@$s, (as are percentages
                    of drivers of any vehicle type), and I own and drive one. The vehicle you
                    own does not relate to whether you are a prat or not.

Matt

Comment

Can't get exited about it. Theres bigger things to worry and get stressed about than a motorway. It's just a part of everydaylife. If people hate or are that worried about it, stick to the A roads.

Comment

Rather than widening the motorways here they should be reducing them to two lanes, then enforcing lane discipline. Having driven on the continent they manage to shift large volumes of traffic using just two lanes but the driving standards, dare I say it, are higher.
                        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                        X