Transmission Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission Oil

Morning. What am i looking for when i check the tranmission oil on my 3rd gen, where do i top it up and to what mark?
    SWIFT AND BOLD

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=23111

Matt

Comment

I use this...
      Attached Files

Comment

Mine has a dipstick in the engine bay, do i check it hot or cold and what mark do i fill it to? and where do i fill it? is it through the dipstick? Thanks for the thread Matt but it dont help too much
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Sit in truck with the engine running, shift gear lever through R N D 2 1 2 D N R P. without revving. Leave engine running, then pull out transmission dipstick and wipe, then replace. Pull out again and check level. If topping up is needed, pour fluid into dipstick hole, there's normally a tube for this that you pull out from the bottle of fluid.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Sit in truck with the engine running, shift gear lever through R N D 2 1 2 D N R P. without revving. Leave engine running, then pull out transmission dipstick and wipe, then replace. Pull out again and check level. If topping up is needed, pour fluid into dipstick hole, there's normally a tube for this that you pull out from the bottle of fluid.
            Thats great thanks Vince, there are two marks on the dip one hot and cold, where should the oil be sitting at
            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

There should be 4 marks! upper and lower for both hot and cold!

Well on my 2nd gen there is!

Cheers

Neil
              www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
                Thats great thanks Vince, there are two marks on the dip one hot and cold, where should the oil be sitting at

If you've just been for a drive and the transmission is hot, then the level needs to be in the upper or hot section on the dipstick. If you're checking the fluid level with a cold engine/transmission, the level should be in the cold section. Basically in the middle of the hot and cold marks.....err does that make sense??

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  If you've just been for a drive and the transmission is hot, then the level needs to be in the upper or hot section on the dipstick. If you're checking the fluid level with a cold engine/transmission, the level should be in the cold section. Basically in the middle of the hot and cold marks.....err does that make sense??
                  That makes perfect sense

Thank you.

Colin
                  SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
                  X