Ramblers at lockerheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramblers at lockerheads

Thought, for a laugh (yes i know, i don't get out much!!) , i'd take a look at the Ramblers Association web site. We are consantly being harassed by some of these people for having 4x4's.
    So, you can imaging my surprise to find this debate in THEIR forum (half way down the page).

http://www.ramblers.org.uk/FORUM/top...76&whichpage=2

Either one of us is trying to wind them up or they are genuinly split on the issue, heres hoping its the later
    Is it supposed to sound like this??

The RA's council has been largely anti-4x4 for a long time, but consider the mentality of people who stand for election in a large organisation (smaller clubs = different pressures), and consider the soundbite effect.

The members of the RA have always been split on the matter. Some are just plain arrogant and despise anything that differs from their own wants, some are genuinely concerned about the effects of others' actions.

The majority, however, are in the "if you don't bother us, we won't bother you" camp, and firmly so.

Keep smiling at them, keep stopping to let them pass, and if one takes their walking stick to your motor, get a picture, get names and addresses, call the police. It's criminal damage and it is not to be tolerated.

Remember, they're not all [to be censored]! Some are quite nice people.

Comment

Wossa geberation?
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by NFC
        The RA's council has been largely anti-4x4 for a long time,.
        The Nerc bill that recently took away the ancient right to drive on nearly half of green lanes, was largely pushed through by lobbyist paid by the Ramblers through front charities.

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          Wossa geberation?
          its a 2nd gen gerbil.....

Comment

Working...
          X