Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another surf virgin with dumb questions

Hi All
    Picked up my first surf yesterday and am definitely freaked out by just how good it is. I got a 1994 3.0td SSR-X with the winter pack etc etc. Thanks to you guys, I have 99.9% of my questions answered and even know what the little red button is for! Only question I have left is "Does it have ABS?"

Whilst test driving it, I stomped on the brakes a good few times with no dramas, it stopped straight and true with no locking. I then took it out during a downpour last night (you know I had to) and the same treatment managed to lock up the fronts on a couple of occasions.

Do I need to get back to the guy who sold it to me or was ABS not fitted/an option I don't have.

Cheers

Rob

you wont have any ABS before 1996 on the 3rd Gens so dont go looking for it
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
      you wont have any ABS before 1996 on the 3rd Gens so dont go looking for it
      Thanks for that. Saves me a lot of embarrasing arguments with the previous owner when I would obviously be in the position of plain wrong.

Comment

Maybe the previous owner had a trapped nerve in his right leg, and it trembled when he pressed down hard on the brake pedal, making him believe the truck had ABS.

p.s. Hi Newbie!

Comment

look in your fuse box there is normally a space marked up for it. no fuse no ft

Comment

Working...
          X