yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1994 'L' ssr x 3 ltr td newbie, hello everyone!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 'L' ssr x 3 ltr td newbie, hello everyone!!

Newbie to all this surfin',just purchased my motor yesterday,got home,googled toyota hilux surf and hey presto,cant believe the amount of info. on here,i've only drove the truck about 30 miles back home and found it very relaxing and was quite surprised with the power of the thing,i part ex'd my '96 Rav 4 swb as i wanted something bigger and was quite sorry to see the back of the rav,it was a good little motor but just not big enough for my needs,now waiting for my insurance cover note so i can tax it,since purchasing the surf i've noticed a few niggly problems 1. rear cargo window motor must be paggered as i have to help lift or lower it by hand,2.central locking,front pass. side does not lift or lower button but im sure i can hear the actuator working and thats about it up to now but any help would be appreciated,all the little buttons and gizmos im finding info throughout this site with much interest as i will be doing all or most of the servicing myself,i will be changing all filters,oil and need a new airfilter as it didnt have one in (a bit worrying to say the least as i dont know how long it has been running about with no filter)all in all i think i've bagged a bargain and i hope i enjoy the surf,hope to hear from someone soon,Kevin.

Welcome to the madhouse, Kevin! We're all big grinners here. It just comes naturally when you drive a Surf!

Use the search button towards the top of the screen. There's a wealth of information, just waiting to be found... (the rear window is a fairly common talking point!!)
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Welcome m8

Window probably just wants the channels and rubbers lubricating. Try this first.

Happy surfing dude.
      I used to have a surf me!

Comment

I had a Skoda once where the little link between the actuator and the lock had slipped off so the actuator moved up and down without moving the lock itself. Maybe push the lock button down and see if the other doors lock? I imagine you can get the trim off and have a little peek at it without too much bother as well.

Anyway, have fun with it.

Comment

welcome mate CHECK YOUR COOLANT ,roughtrax or milners are decent places for parts ,sounds like your truck needs a bit of tlc , happy surfing
          ps hope you got a green one
          Last edited by joker??; 17 May 2006, 18:00.
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

ps hope you got a green one[/QUOTE]

RUBBISH............. BLUE is the second gen colour to have (so I am told)

Here we go here we go here we go

Comment

didnt know they did a green surf .

Comment

the only good thing in blue is films
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer
                  didnt know they did a green surf .

Oh yes and I think in parts of Wales there are even burgundy ones.

Comment

Ahem...
                    Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                      the only good thing in blue is films
                      Oi.....Behave!
                      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
                        Oh yes and I think in parts of Wales there are even burgundy ones.

Burgundy? Oh yes thats a kind of ........................WINE! Not only to be found in Wales. Now where did I put that corkscrew?

Oh Yeah. Welcome to the madhouse mate

Spoggle

Comment

Thanks for all the replies,much appreciated as for the colour it is a dark metallic blue and i will be giving it a full service shortly,once again thanks very much!

Comment

Blue eh? Well thats still O.K, you could always spray it WINE when your servicing it Glad to hear of another convert to Surfdom in the land of the Gods. Remember to wave

Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by bigriver
                              Thanks for all the replies,much appreciated as for the colour it is a dark metallic blue and i will be giving it a full service shortly,once again thanks very much!

Best colour for the 2nd gen, well done m8

Comment

Working...
                              X