oil in pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil in pipes

cleaning the air filter pipes as advised by vince when i noticed these smaller pipes was leaking oil into turbo???(i aint techy on engines )took these pipes off and they was covered in oil gunk,
    so cleaned all of them out and replaced ,
    question now , is this normal or is there a leak ? blockage somewhere?
    the head was changed in nov - dec
    the second question is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is vince going to be first to reply . lol
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Nope!

Comment

to late vince i won the bet , i said is vince going to be the first to reply,
      not give me the answers ,lol

Comment

It's o.k. thats normal. The small rubber hose is the engine breather and contains oil vapour when the engine is running and the oil vapour is redirected back into the intake/Turbo. I've disconnected mine and replaced the pipe with a breather filter, it's cut down the smoke thats chucked out the exhaust too.

Comment

cheers vince

Comment

On a similar subject ,Iv'e noticed a lot of oil deposits(Leak?) around the turbo pipe where It goes into the throttle housing, looks like maybe a gasket?

But anyone enlighten me as to why there is oil present in that area anyway!

Is there a breather pipe or is It some thing more ominous?

Neil
            www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

Normally caused by the breather pipe from the rocker cover.
              Pull it off with the engine running to see the oil vapour blowing out.

Comment

Yeah I noticed some discolouration around the breather where It goes into the head as well!

Cheers Vince

Neil
                www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

Working...
                X