surfing bug grows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surfing bug grows

1st gen is up for sale on ebay!!! am i going mad because i drove a 2nd gen today and have fallen completely in love.....more money, more hassle coming me thinks...hehehe i've only had the old girl since january but this one may be too good to pass up!!!!!
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Originally posted by logey79
    1st gen is up for sale on ebay!!! am i going mad because i drove a 2nd gen today and have fallen completely in love.....more money, more hassle coming me thinks...hehehe i've only had the old girl since january but this one may be too good to pass up!!!!!
    Fool, everyone knows the 1st gen is the Ultimate Surf.

Hope at least its a 3.0.........

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Everyone knows only the 1st gens go up in value not down , like the others . Well mine did when it got valued after it got hit .
      He will learn , the hard way .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Fool, everyone knows the 1st gen is the Ultimate Surf.

Hope at least its a 3.0.........

'tis the big beasty!!! feels like a $$$$$$ sports car in comparison.

1st gen's just a bugger for parts compatibility and i spend more time faffing in the engine bay than getting the rest of it muddy, and i don't have the patience and expertise to continue, so i'm moving on to bigger and prob. more expensive problems!!!!

anyway-off to 3.0 section to see how much its likely to cost in the first few months of owning it!!!

Comment

Yeah, can't deny the power aspect of the 3.0 compared to earlier trucks. Wonder if Linda will notice if I put her rebuilt 3.0 in my 1st gen and put its 2.0 petrol 4 banger in the Bullet.......

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Yeah, can't deny the power aspect of the 3.0 compared to earlier trucks. Wonder if Linda will notice if I put her rebuilt 3.0 in my 1st gen and put its 2.0 petrol 4 banger in the Bullet.......

Just blame it on the big wheels
            I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
              'tis the big beasty!!! feels like a $$$$$$ sports car in comparison.

1st gen's just a bugger for parts compatibility and i spend more time faffing in the engine bay than getting the rest of it muddy, and i don't have the patience and expertise to continue, so i'm moving on to bigger and prob. more expensive problems!!!!

The 1st gen's do look devilishly sexy, though.

Matt

Comment

oh yeah, 1st gen deffo best looking of the surfs, but i've had silly bad luck with it (its nearly new in the engine now, turbo asside) which has just got me down because i really just want to spend the weekends playing in the mud, not under it or hunched over into the engine bay.

my attention spans very low as well, longest i've ever kept to 1 toy is about 10 months....and as good as the surf is, it aint no 3.0s capri!!!

Comment

Must admit I spend more time fixing my 1st gen then driving it , but I always have vehicles that require tinkering . I love the look and the convertible option of the 1st gen that makes it better then the rest . Although I would not say no to a 3rd gen if offered
                  Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

the thing i love about my surf is it almost always needs something doing to it (the amount of comments you get for no bumper + muddy surf!!!!) but it will still run all day everyday with dodgy/broken stuff and mine gets quite a pasting.
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

You told me that a 3.0 wont work in a 1st gen cos of the electric stuff that is fitted,you know things like ECM,EGR,MBE DSO & BAR.

and Rick you aint got a 2.4 1st gen yet,so get logey79's one and you will have a full set
                      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
                      X