Tyre size advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre size advice please

Currently got 4 Dunlop Grandtrek SJ4's on the Surf but one of the back ones needs replacing. They are all 265/70/16 but the spare is a BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A 265/75/16.

Don't think I'll go the BF Goodrich route for the new tyre as money is really tight ATM so was gonna go for the Colway A/T's instead.

I'm just looking at the viability of changing both back tyres to 265/75/16 and then, in time, the front two aswell. With going the Colway route, this would be affordable.

Anyone offer some advice please? Thanks.

265/75 are 32x10.5, so you'll be getting close to rubbing on full lock, but may get away with it on standard rims.

If you put different size tyres on each axle, don't use it 4wd as each axle will be fighting against each other.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for that Tony, just the info I was after. Sticking with the 265/70's and ordered a pair of Colway A/T's from www.formula4.co.uk... £99.52 inc. VAT & delivery.

I can get them fitted locally for £11.75 each + VAT, which isn't as cheap as some places but it's only 30 secs down the road and better than the £20 a tyre that another place wanted to charge me!

Comment

Working...
      X