yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats better 33" Mud terrain or All terrain??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats better 33" Mud terrain or All terrain??

Thinking of changing my ATs to MTs. What are the down side to having these, ie noise, fuel consumpiton etc?
    Last edited by surfstar; 11 May 2006, 19:05.
    Kite Surf

Hit both on the head.....gonna be noisier as the MT Tread is more open pattern to self-clean out the Mud and possibly more fuel used

Generally:
    Road: 100% On-Road, 0% Off-road
    AT: 50% On-Road, 50% Off-Road
    MT: 20% On-Road, 80% Off-Road
    Gaz

Comment

I run MTs and they do make a fair bit of noise. Fuel economy is $$$$ whatever and MTs look much cooler. Oh, and they grip better on mud

Comment

If you do much offroading get some MT's on cheap steel rims. Keep the AT's on your alloy rims in the garage for Summer & long trips.

Oh- and don't forget to buy a full set of five tyres not four!

Comment

I run MTs and I've had no problem on long road trips apart from the Surf doing about 40km/gallon, but I don't spend much time below the speed limit.

As for the noise, well that's what a radio's for isn't it?

Just don't boot it on a wet roundabout unless you want to play "catch me" with the tail, but I think Surfs are susceptible to this regardless of tyre choice.

Comment

MTs wont do as well in sand and snow cos they tend to dig into it rather than sit on top. Be careful with tyre presures, run them a bit low or you will take all those nice edges off of your MTs. I had BFG MTs on my Suzi years ago, they looked the mutts but you had to pick pedestrians out of the tread when you got home.
            Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

i know just the thing!!

swap wheels with me and you could have!!!!!

28 ich road tyres
              [url="http://www.frappr.com/smurfowners"]Surf MAp[/url]

Comment

Working...
              X