Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andy
    Trev,

Yours is like new anyway, just needs a wash and brush up.
    Wash ???

Hippo ????

Go and do 15 hail mary's immediately - I daren't wash her for revealing the scratches from Sat

Just seen Lame Rover's car - by heck that fence bit

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by NFC
      The current 4Runner is based on a LandCruiser Prado chassis isn't it?

So, 4Runner Chassis = LCPrado Chassis = FJCruiser Chassis = vastly reduced development costs for Toyota.
      All car companies are at it mate. The Freelander is based on the Rover 216 floorpan. Must be why it's such a top offroader.....

....not!

Comment

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H

We been invaded !!!!!!
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
          All car companies are at it mate. The Freelander is based on the Rover 216 floorpan. Must be why it's such a top offroader.....

....not!
          It's good commercial practice, if the basis is right.

Toyota are building three off-roaders on an off-road platform. This is GOOD.
          L*ndR*ver built an off-roader on an on-road platform. That was BAD.
          SAAB were supposed to build a new 900 on a Vectra platfarm. That was 4* awful.

But, the RR Sport on the LR3 platform, the Cayman on the Touareg platform and the SAAB 9-2X on a Scooby platform are very very good indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by NFC
            Still want one.

Even of they only came in Left-Hand Drive, I'd still want one.

Just worked out a guestimate on import costs from US: £17.5k including transport, duty and VAT, but not including the SVA.

The Citroën's up for replacement this year, but I think £17.5k is a little more than I'll get at trade-in. Who'll give me £10k for a 3rdGen?
            Clearly there is a good demand for this toy. Jeep is bringing in the new 2006 Wrangler to Europe end of this year with a 2.8CRD (Common Rail Diesel). What is Toyota's answer for it? Honestly I don't know why Toyota UK do something useful and interesting.

I might import this next year and do a LPG conversion. I don't mind driving a LHD car. I used to have a LHD 1995 Ford Mustang. The only downside driving a LHD car in the UK is opening the car park barriers, you have to get out the car and run around to the other side of the car to get the ticket from the barrier or scan your pass.
            [IMG]
            [/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
              Check out this link to Top Gear web site - the article states that the new FJ is on a 4 runner chassis

http://www.topgear.com/content/featu...ries/01/1.html

They are on sale in Japan so they are being made right hand drive - I suppose some del boy type will import them, and the rest of us can put our money up and buy one.
              Nice!. So they do have a RHD made for Japan. Is it a diesel or petrol?
              [IMG]
              [/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by NFC
                L*ndR*ver built an off-roader on an on-road platform. That was BAD.
                Yep take a Freelander offroad, cross-axle it and the windows crack.....supreme design!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                  Check out this link to Top Gear web site - the article states that the new FJ is on a 4 runner chassis

http://www.topgear.com/content/featu...ries/01/1.html

They are on sale in Japan so they are being made right hand drive - I suppose some del boy type will import them, and the rest of us can put our money up and buy one.

check this modified FJ cruiser with winch, etc
                  http://www.supercars.de/singlecar/157/449.html
                  [IMG]
                  [/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by sripad
                    check this modified FJ cruiser with winch, etc
                    http://www.supercars.de/singlecar/157/449.html
                    Hi,

Amazing to see the production model is almost identical to the show prototype.

The more I look at the FJ the more I want one.

Now, where did I leave that winning lottery ticket......
                    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Check this FJ Cruiser test drive video. According to this video it has the landcruiser 120 series chassis and the 4runner V6 engine.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...30684029576343
                      Last edited by sripad; 18 May 2006, 15:01.
                      [IMG]
                      [/IMG]

Comment

I sort of like it- but not as much as the MK2 Surf shape though!

Comment

Working...
                        X