The Amateur version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Amateur version

Some pics of the new cooler. It fits behind the bumper perfectly. If you want a job doing right, do it yourself! ( just hope it works ) It will get tested at the bank holiday when we hitch the caravan up.
    Attached Files
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]ONLY STUPID PEOPLE THINK

miles better...good job!
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by midalex
      Some pics of the new cooler. It fits behind the bumper perfectly. If you want a job doing right, do it yourself! ( just hope it works ) It will get tested at the bank holiday when we hitch the caravan up.

Looks quality mate and a nice install job as well. Let us know what the change is like.

Al.
      I used to have a surf me!

Comment

very nice mate - dont let it get like mine
        Attached Files
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

nowt wrong with that.

Comment

Forgive me for being so completly stupid but what is it for and what are the benifits?
            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

its used as an oil cooler for the auto box. original design uses the bottom of the rad so in extreme towing the tranny fluid overheats the coolant as well.

i run mine before the rad cooler but while it is apart I will change it to be a standalone cooler.
              Tim

Comment

before mine was fitted the bottom of the rad where the oil cooler is sited was all ways hot after a long tow, but after i had mine fitted the rad is now cold to touch at the bottom where the cooler is. the oil cooler is hot to touch so it must be taking the heat from the rad and doing its job.

Comment

ive only had the temp go up once but now i know my cooler and half the rad are blocked up its easy to see why.
                  Tim

Comment

Is my eyesight iffy, or have you strapped that on with cable ties?

Matt

Comment

yeha he has , same as me - works a treat although i will srew mine on this week sometime.
                      Tim

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                        Is my eyesight iffy, or have you strapped that on with cable ties?

Matt
                        Hehe, I was thinking that, I though he was gonna do it properly, not just use more cable ties.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

even i managed to make some brakets wheni did mine....
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

The brackets are on there way. The guy who's making them for me wants a drawing. The trouble is I gave up smoking 4 years ago so can't find a fag packet. The cable ties will have to do till I nick a packet from her dad.
                            [COLOR=DarkOrange]ONLY STUPID PEOPLE THINK

Comment

Working...
                            X