Lions Back Video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lions Back Video.

I just sat through the whole 18 mins of this and my palms are sweating. If you can handle the commentary.................... .you decide.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...729&q=lion%27s
    It's only a hobby!

stark raving........
    carl......
    gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

that was nuts

i want one
      [url="http://www.frappr.com/smurfowners"]Surf MAp[/url]

Comment

Or how not to do it
        http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/11...ide_of_a_Cliff
        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Hopefully our next US trip will be there. I wish we could take our own trucks!!

Bitchin'
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Quote" C'mon you can do this........cos you have balls of Steel.......and you're Stupid..........

I dont think I took a breath for the whole 18 mins....

Comment

disappointing that he made it... and the bike didn't hit the deer either!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Perhaps it's just where i live, but doesn't The Lions Back resemble our national road system?
                Is it supposed to sound like this??

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
                  lions back was good but i prefer to see the idiots that end up getting what they deserve...bet she had standard, unchecked brakes or was checking her makeup in the mirror. had to turn the speakers off for the lions back "coz i'm really scared right now" gets more annoying the 10th time its said.
                  i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Just listened to it again, the guys annoying, but he's also dumb if thinks his autobox makes it safer than a manual, its only the low gears that give it enough engine braking to be useful.

Personally the girl in the blazer did well to hang on to it as long as she did! The truck had already been up and down once that day, it must have decided it'd had enough.

Comment

I was reading an article about going up and down Lion's Back the other week, written by an American offroad guru who reckoned that even low 1st was too fast for coming down bits of it and he resorted to neutral and easing down on the brakes. You really gotta hope that Kwikfit did the pads right then

By the way - if the guy was that scared what was he doing up there without a spotter? (maybe no-one would go with him)
                      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

dont think i'd do that in me surf , lol
                        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                          I was reading an article about going up and down Lion's Back the other week, written by an American offroad guru who reckoned that even low 1st was too fast for coming down bits of it and he resorted to neutral and easing down on the brakes. You really gotta hope that Kwikfit did the pads right then

By the way - if the guy was that scared what was he doing up there without a spotter? (maybe no-one would go with him)

Aint neutral more for the autobox in reverse? if u shuve it in reverse in the autobox its more than likely trying to drive you down than control...I know I had this at Llagollen in trying to reverse down a hill, ending up sliding down on the brakes because it wa tryin to drive me down the hill.

Have used the neutral method since and found in the situation better control of the vehicle
                          Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                            Aint neutral more for the autobox in reverse? if u shuve it in reverse in the autobox its more than likely trying to drive you down than control...I know I had this at Llagollen in trying to reverse down a hill, ending up sliding down on the brakes because it wa tryin to drive me down the hill.

Have used the neutral method since and found in the situation better control of the vehicle
                            A muddy hill in wales is a different challenge than Moab slickrock. The grip there is amazing, you'll struggle to lock the brakes up, more likely to do a 'stoppy'. So as long as they don't overheat or boil the fluid you''ll probably get down fine on the brakes alone.

Mud is different, its easy to lock the wheels up and lose steering, that why you try and stay off the brakes. Most deisels have enough engine compression to make the wheels skid and turn slower than your actually going when in 4L, so you often find you can't help having a little speed going down really slippery hills, just to keep the front wheels turning and retain a little steering control.

Dumping the auto in reverse is a good trick in the snow as well as mud, top fun guessing which way the back end is going to swing!!

Comment

Working...
                            X