White box centre of home screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White box centre of home screen

Is it just me or has anyone else got a blank panel in the middle of the home screen? all I have is a red X to the top left, makes me think I may have lost a plugin.
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Edited

Nev
    Last edited by NiftyNev; 8 May 2006, 08:58.

Comment

No the green welcome panel in the centre has a box at the bottom, mine is blank except for the the red cross.

Paul

Comment

It's all working for me.............

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/

Except for 'white akitas' pics, but I think thats his fault!

Comment

I get it as well, something to do with java.

Comment

believed it used to be the 4x4 Weblink b4...now just the red cross for missing java applet

Just had a look at the Java code
            java.security.AccessControlExc eption: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 4x4webring.com resolve)
            Last edited by Gizmo; 7 May 2006, 18:29.
            Gaz

Comment

This one?

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                This one?

Nev
                Nope, under that you have a blue box with "Welcome to the hiluxsurf.co.uk Website" on and 8 buttons. Under that is a green box (just above the counter) with "Welcome to www.hiluxsurf.co.uk" - in this is the offending white box.

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

That's the one but you have the java sign whereas I have a red X in the corner.
                  I spent most of yesterday reloading windows due to having picked up a trojan that was filling up my screen with popups and trying to sell me anti spyware programs, so I know that my system should be pretty well in order for a while.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
                    That's the one but you have the java sign whereas I have a red X in the corner.
                    I spent most of yesterday reloading windows due to having picked up a trojan that was filling up my screen with popups and trying to sell me anti spyware programs, so I know that my system should be pretty well in order for a while.
                    If you mean that damn Spywarestriker you have my deepest sympathy - it's a pain to get rid of

Trev
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Re

Hi,

In order to see this you need to install Java!

Go to www.java.com and install it.

Basically, it's a web plugin that will allow you to see items on a web page that are encoded with the java language.

The java applet on the site doesn't seem to be functioning correctly though, so it will not make a difference as it needs to be sorted by the webmaster!

Later!

Gary
                      Last edited by hellmett; 8 May 2006, 09:03.

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                        If you mean that damn Spywarestriker you have my deepest sympathy - it's a pain to get rid of

Trev
                        Trojan, spyware???? Solution. Get a MAC.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev

Trev
                          The one that was trying to sell me the software was called Malaware I looked them up and others had fallen for the trick and paid out.
                          It's just blackmail I'd s$$$$ the computer before i'd pay them.

Paul

Comment

Re

99.9% of "so called" anti spyware programs are a CON!

They offer free usage and then show false findings in order to con you into buying them!

The best LEGITIMATE free program is ADAWARE and can be found at www.lavasoft.com

Later!

Gary

Comment

dont you start as well Nev I get the Mac/Pc fight all day at the place I do IT for.

quite often you get malware/spyware from so called removal tools. they can be a pain to get rid of.
                              Tim
                              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                              X