looking for a small 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a small 4x4

ok guys help me out here ..... my missus wants a small reliable economic 4x4

whaddya reckon we should be lookin for , atm we are thinkin swb rav4

Originally posted by parn
    ok guys help me out here ..... my missus wants a small reliable economic 4x4

whaddya reckon we should be lookin for , atm we are thinkin swb rav4
    Get her a suzuki,then she can go in the Basement with my misses,no on second thought dont or else they might get together then we would be in trouble.
    No seriously have a look at the suzuki range.
    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

jimny????? thought about one for myself
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by parn
        swb rav4
        I like them for a soft roader... at least its still a TOY!!
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

i always thought suzukis were a bit unreliable , am i wrong ?

i just dont wanna end up with my head under her bonnet all the time when i could be wasting time dicking on with my surf

Comment

i had a suzuki vitara 1.6 jlx for a while , $$$$ on corners at speed with stock wheels fitted.very thirsty on petrol too , a good bit fun off roading can be had in 1 though. insurance was a nightmare parts were expensive too.

Comment

How about a Panda 4x4, they're supposed to be pretty good!
              Ubi est mea anaticula cumminosa?

Comment

For comfort value I would look at a Vitara. I have heard that the LWB Vitaras are a more comfortable ride. The SJs and Jimneys are a bit of a boneshaker for every day use.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

I got a cheap HUMMER from ASDA. The SURF towers over it
                  Attached Files
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

saw a comparison test, jimny , daihatsu terios(i think) @panda.
                    jimny best off roader, daihatsu best on road
                    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

My mates wife got a jimney,He say`s they only get about 20 to the gallon,always reving the nuts out of it, to get it to move.

Better of with a surf with those figures
                      Stella Artois

Comment

RAV4 is a decent looker, and good build. Only problem I ever see with them is that the rear door only opens 45 degrees and not enough to get large objects in. All round a Nissan X-Trail is worth looking at, but they look abit goofy up front though.

Comment

Tam has got a Mk1 3 door Rav4 and loves it . All the bells and whistles . No speed machine but comfortable , cheap spares , etc . Not to good on fuel as perminant 4x4 and no high/low selection .Prob is the rear door , all your shopping falls out as there is no lip on the floor so shopping all shifts towards the door and falls out when you open the door . If you want a Rav get the later Mk1 2.0 as the bestter engine and most power . The 1.8 were not very good .
                          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Just get her a 2 door surf and tell its shorter cos its only got 2 doors.
                            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

I have a Rav4 Mk1 2L I use for work. Dont understand all this about the door only opening 45o mine opens the full 90, but stuff does fall out, but then no lip makes it easier to load and unload. It is great fun to drive, perm AWD mean you take take right liberties nipping out at junctions, even in the wet! 2 litre means its no slouch either but if you boot it the fuel goes down quick. Mines is an import so it has twin sunroofs, aircon and a difflock believe it or not, though I have never used it. Wife turned it on once (it is a button next to the hazards and she hit it by mistake) little sod would not release, in the end she called the Tpoyota deales who told her to reverse for a few yards and bingo out it came.

Years ago I had a brand new SJ413 Samurai. It was a great little car, very reliable, especially considering the abuse it got. Not a good long distance drive though, I once did London to Fort William in one go, I must have been an evil sod in a previousl life to deserve that!
                              Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Working...
                              X