Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeb-Runner

Howzit!

Finally managed to give the 4Runner its zebra paint job - looks great from a distance but I did it by hand using household gloss so it doesn't hold up on close inspection!

By the way, had a "Safety notice" from Toyota UK - something about the steering rod on my 4runner possibly breaking under strain and them offering me a free replacement etc... Left their letter at home but will post the contents (and pics) next time.

Stay well...
    Last edited by bundubasher; 5 May 2006, 09:41. Reason: dunno
    @africa4x4cafe
    [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Just got to make sure you stay away from poachers
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Bundubasher....

and photos of the paintjob are......?

Comment

Originally posted by bundubasher
        Howzit!

Finally managed to give the 4Runner its zebra paint job - looks great from a distance but I did it by hand using household gloss so it doesn't hold up on close inspection!

Should make you easy to spot when you get back.........
        Hope its all going well......

Comment

daktari ????
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
            daktari ????
            Why didn't they give Clarence glasses?
            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

I thought they did...?

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                Why didn't they give Clarence glasses?
                hes ears were to big lol
                Last edited by joker??; 5 May 2006, 20:13.

Comment

Here's the details of the problem with my UK spec 94 4Runner:

Safety Recall Programme

The steering rod may crack under conditions when high force is applied to the steering wheel.

Whilst we do not consider this would happen under normal conditions, as a preventative measure we would like to fit a revised part to your vehicle.

We would like to offer this...completely at our own cost (!) and with the minimum of inconvenience...etc, etc.

When I wrote to them and said I'm on an extended safari in Africa, they said, no problem, just contact your local Toyota dealer and quote this reference and they will then sort you out.

So, I'm yet to book the Zebrunner in but I'm sure it'll take a few weeks for the part(s) to reach me.

And now find two pics attached, one at home and one in Nairobi National Park where we went at the weekend.
                  Attached Files
                  @africa4x4cafe

Comment

why is that

zebra on wheels

is it the fumes ???

Comment

Looking good Enzo, looks real local now

Comment

I have to agree... that does look rather smart...

Comment

Thanks guys, now I just need to wait for the rain to stop!

It’s the long rains at the moment – when it rains it really buckets down – you honestly cannot see a few yards in front of your car and so everyone slows down to a crawl (except for the Matatus!). There is very poor drainage here in Nairobi so the roads turn into rivers especially in low lying roads – there you really need a snorkel and river fording skills. The only problem is I cannot get my wife out of the car to take pictures!
                          @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Nice job Bundubasher.
                            I did the same to my old L**d R***r ( ) last year and found radiator paint to hold up to the heat the panels will get up to in warmer climates, like Scotland for instance. It also takes the knocks a bit better when off road. Just a boring tip for next time if you do it again.
                            Is it supposed to sound like this??

Comment

Originally posted by bundubasher
                              Thanks guys, now I just need to wait for the rain to stop!

It’s the long rains at the moment – when it rains it really buckets down – you honestly cannot see a few yards in front of your car and so everyone slows down to a crawl (except for the Matatus!). There is very poor drainage here in Nairobi so the roads turn into rivers especially in low lying roads – there you really need a snorkel and river fording skills. The only problem is I cannot get my wife out of the car to take pictures!
                              Bit like Dubai in the old days - rowing boat to get you from your car to the reception of the Hilton Dubai

Comment

Working...
                              X