yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whos had a towbar fitted recently and how much ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whos had a towbar fitted recently and how much ?

As the title says !! Ive been ringing around and getting quotes of £180 with single electrics I personally think thats too steep !

tried towequippe? they sell direct and on e bay
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by beno
      As the title says !! Ive been ringing around and getting quotes of £180 with single electrics I personally think thats too steep !
      sounds about right realy as the cost of the towbar must be around £110 ish..
      my mate had one fitted to his volvo for £250 but i dont know how much the tow bar was.....
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Whitter towbar with single leccy, dropper and ball, £135 fitted, which was less than I could get the bits for. Congleton trailer and towbar. mind you the place has smartened up since then so I dont know if it's a different bloke now

Comment

I also been looking at prices for a tow bar too. £180 - £200 is about norm i've found. Just wondering if i managed to pick one up from a scapper or some where, how easy are they to fit in a DIY style.
          i like it muddy!

Comment

Hi bought and fitted one about two months ago from the link below on Ebay

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Fit-your-own-towbars-Towequipe

at £102.90 + £12 p&p

My mate and I fitted it really easily in 30mins,

the biggest problem was wiring in the electrics .... NIGHTMARE, scratched hands ...and you need to be a contortionist. You also have to take the back panneling out of the surf, we just loosened the rear, but was a pain in the A*** !!!

Apart from that its a great piece of kit, needs two to fit cause its heavy.

Hope this helps Haig

Comment

towequippe

What a shower!

booked em' last week for Friday AM
              when no-one showed up by 11;30
              called to enquire
              'Oh he's in a meeting now betwwen fitting jobs, h'ell ring you when he comes out, and be a half hour away'
              i
              another hour went past, I called back again, told them to stuff it,

if thats their idea of local service,

A minute later the fitter rang up (out of the blue apparently)

told him to shove it up his arse as well

got it fitted yesterday outside work for £180 professionally

Comment

£180 is about the norm for supply and fit, thats about what we charge.
                Now I Have Grown Up, I Need A Grown Up Tonker Toy!

Comment

I think we paid about £230 for a witter with twin leccy on it - came out to the house so saved on motion lotion.......

Comment

Just won one on ebay from towequipe for £79.00, got to be worth it, just to have a crack at fitting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
                      Just won one on ebay from towequipe for £79.00, got to be worth it, just to have a crack at fitting it.
                      I've fitted 2 or 3 of these for people recently, they are fine.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I did one of the towequipe ones on my own and took me about 2 hours (much easier with 2 people). The electrics were a piece of cake if you remove the internal plastic panel fully.
                        Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

thanks for the encouragement Tony and Simon, it came today, can't fault their service. They even rang me at home to confirm I had ordered/won the right one for the vehicle.

Sorry, I'm not on as much as I'd like, but we're still in the throes of building our house, its a busy time at the mo, and we're hoping to have the roof on by Wednesday, so nice and dry inside

I'll try and post a few pics as its come a long way since the last ones I posted,

cheers

Fieldsy

Comment

Working...
                          X