X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Radio

Hi you lot out there,

Great day in leicester

Do many of you about have CB's in yer surfs??

If so I will buy one and err fit it in, if you do whats your handle, what channel are you lot on then ???

I have not used CB for about 20 years or more, so I thought it would be fun getting on the air again, or is it going to be all kids and no one else out there???

Thinking of fishing mine out of the shed after many years, seems to be quite a bit of interest in them lately on the forum as they're usefull when offroading.
    Last time I tried mine out the channels were completely empty all the nutters seem to have found someone else to annoy, probably all on internet chatrooms.
    Think I will probably revert back to my old handle of BLUE SPARK just got to find a place in the truck to fit it (another box??).
    Don't think anyone bothers with a licence these days.
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Why not get a 446MHz radio as you don't need a licence and there as cheep
      as you like now. As they are handhelds no need for antennas or perminate fitting in the cab. Also useful when out walk or just about any thing where you need to keep in contact with some one. Its just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by John McC
        Why not get a 446MHz radio as you don't need a licence and there as cheep
        as you like now. As they are handhelds no need for antennas or perminate fitting in the cab. Also useful when out walk or just about any thing where you need to keep in contact with some one. Its just a thought

Yeah very true, but it would be great to have a natter when your out and about in different parts of the country, I am in hampshire tomorrow (surf included!) and if enough peeps get on the air, it could be fun.

Comment

a lot of 4x4 use them in the NE usualy on ch 5

Comment

Originally posted by spoofer28
            a lot of 4x4 use them in the NE usualy on ch 5
            Perhaps we should choose a surf channel say channel 3 or somthing, then band it around the site so that everyones knows then when you see another surfer flick to channel 3 and hurl stuff at them
            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Yeah why not there free to use and in most case's work as well as a CB. If we as a forum pick a channel to use up and down the country, then would be the same as a channel on CB but with out the need for a licence.

Comment

Originally posted by John McC
                Yeah why not there free to use and in most case's work as well as a CB. If we as a forum pick a channel to use up and down the country, then would be the same as a channel on CB but with out the need for a licence.
                I have a CB but havent bothered with a licence. A lot of people on here have CB so lets use that
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
                  I have a CB but havent bothered with a licence. A lot of people on here have CB so lets use that
                  10-4 Good Buddy
                  I dug me CB outta the Cupboard about six weeks ago, ain't bin used in at least 25years but hooked it up & took it to Salisbury wiv me, working.
                  Trouble is it's a Multi channel Upper & Lower Sideband, AM, FM, I'll find yer if yer on Channel & I know what channel we (Surfers) operate on.

Good Charvell

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

what channel does one make contact on
                    as i just got a hand held CB
                    Enjoying Life after Cancer
                    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                      what channel does one make contact on
                      as i just got a hand held CB
                      So what channel number shall we go on then? And how do we let everyone else know on here?
                      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

err I dunno, "pick a window!"

Comment

I've always liked the 'Arched' window!

Comment

today, we are looking through the....broken window
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                              today, we are looking through the....broken window
                              I like the round one But what about channel 8
                              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X