Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling stupid - Rear window

How's this for daft?
    Went to an off road site for the first time on Monday. I've been greenlaning a few times before but I always try not to do any damage as I go, so this was the first time I have really had a chance to see what my surf can do.

First mistake was to leave the window open when driving through deep wet mud - Great fun but results were muddy shoulder, seatbelt and door panel. Never mind I solved that with a damp cloth when I got home.

Second mistake was smashing off the pathetic little fog light under the bumper. - But then when was it last foggy??

Third and most stupid mistake came yesterday morning when I couldn't open the rear window and had to put the rear seats down to get the pram out!!! I then spent the day looking at the Milner and Ruftrax websites working out how much it was going to cost me for somhow breaking the winder motor, relay or switch and wondering how the hell I would work out which one was broken.

Yesterday evening I searched this forum and came up with lots of highly technical advice and one severly untechnical but likely suggestion.

This morning, armed with masses of new knowledge and teccnical confidence I opened up the door of my Surf and pressed the window lock button I had accidentally engaged with the damp cloth!!!!!!

DoHHH!!!

sounds a bit like me
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Well Joe, the foglight is a ritual

Now as regards your window down, all you have done is a Penny !!!

Here she goes - that's my girl

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

amazing is it not whenever you do something like that you close the window afterwards.
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Yep,

It happens just before you realise that your fresh white top and the seats have changed colour !!!!

Trev

Comment

At least you didn't get as far as this before you realised!
            Attached Files
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Glad I didn't try to strip it - then it WOULD be broken!!

Been reading some more threads - everyone breaks the fog light then. Might convert the reversing light.

Ta.

Comment

Had same thing with back window didn't even know there was a window lock....but thanks to the forum I was put straight

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Cocks
                  Glad I didn't try to strip it - then it WOULD be broken!!

Been reading some more threads - everyone breaks the fog light then. Might convert the reversing light.

Ta.
                  Take a look around Joe, there have been some nice fog light installations where they have been set into the back bumper

Mine is mounted on the bumper and seems to survive there ok.

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Cocks
                    How's this for daft?
                    Went to an off road site for the first time on Monday. I've been greenlaning a few times before but I always try not to do any damage as I go, so this was the first time I have really had a chance to see what my surf can do.

First mistake was to leave the window open when driving through deep wet mud - Great fun but results were muddy shoulder, seatbelt and door panel. Never mind I solved that with a damp cloth when I got home.

Second mistake was smashing off the pathetic little fog light under the bumper. - But then when was it last foggy??

Third and most stupid mistake came yesterday morning when I couldn't open the rear window and had to put the rear seats down to get the pram out!!! I then spent the day looking at the Milner and Ruftrax websites working out how much it was going to cost me for somhow breaking the winder motor, relay or switch and wondering how the hell I would work out which one was broken.

Yesterday evening I searched this forum and came up with lots of highly technical advice and one severly untechnical but likely suggestion.

This morning, armed with masses of new knowledge and teccnical confidence I opened up the door of my Surf and pressed the window lock button I had accidentally engaged with the damp cloth!!!!!!

DoHHH!!!
                    Is there anyone who has not done the above at LEAST once???

Comment

Me!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Me!
                        yea yea yea...........well when you do get it muddy watch out for the open window/mouthful of mud thing...........

Comment

Fog Light Solved

Well I've solved the Fog light issue.
                          Went to the local MOT garage to ask their opinion first and then I joined the wire to the fog light up to the offside reversing light. Changed the bulb for a red one (£2.99 off ebay) and job's a good up.

Can't get the mud out of my t-shirt though!

Comment

try some SURF ,lol
                            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I thought that was what the Ariel was for. I'll ask me mate Daz.

Comment

Working...
                              X