Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigger flaps

Afternoon all

Like a lot of owners I have the standard mudflaps fitted to a flared wheelarch 3rd gen.

As I have started off roading in the smurf (anyone noticed how good they look covered in mud?) and i'm getting a lot of rubbish thrown up the body - not much fun with the windows down.

I have a set of old JAOS flaps that I had fitted on my pajero (before I got rid) and really like both the look & the protection they give the paintwork

As these wont fit the surf (yes I have tried - thank you mr stanley knife) does anyone know where I can get some rubber mudflap material to make up some new ones. I have checked on various rallying sites but it either too small or silly money

I read somewhere that the flaps they use on warehouse doors (you know the ones that look like a chunky version of that thing that your mum used to hang over the back door to keepo the flies out!) are ideal but I have no idea where to go about sourcing this kind of thing

Any one got any ideas??

ta

hawaii
    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Originally posted by Hawaii
    Afternoon all

Like a lot of owners I have the standard mudflaps fitted to a flared wheelarch 3rd gen.

As I have started off roading in the smurf (anyone noticed how good they look covered in mud?) and i'm getting a lot of rubbish thrown up the body - not much fun with the windows down.

I have a set of old JAOS flaps that I had fitted on my pajero (before I got rid) and really like both the look & the protection they give the paintwork

As these wont fit the surf (yes I have tried - thank you mr stanley knife) does anyone know where I can get some rubber mudflap material to make up some new ones. I have checked on various rallying sites but it either too small or silly money

I read somewhere that the flaps they use on warehouse doors (you know the ones that look like a chunky version of that thing that your mum used to hang over the back door to keepo the flies out!) are ideal but I have no idea where to go about sourcing this kind of thing

Any one got any ideas??

ta

hawaii
    I know a girl who has these, not sure if she would would enjoy getting them muddy on a surf
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

NOT gonna say what I thought this was about
      Dave

Comment

Some here...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAOS-MUD-FLAPS...QQcmdZViewItem

Maybe others on there too!

Comment

Originally posted by Draig
          NOT gonna say what I thought this was about
          erm...me neither...i love being disappointed though...
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

you could try cheap stiff rubber car mats, a lot of the rally cars use them,
            coz if you are serious then you dont want to pay mega bucks every other weekend.
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Firstly - sorry for the confusion (or dissapointment) on the title - I really should think before I type things.

Anyway, I am now the proud owner of 2 sheets of 5mm 6'x3' plain rubber matting in black. Local bloke managed to get it for me from a local horsebox firm, apparently they use it to line the walls of boxes so the poor horsies dont hurt themselves on the bare walls.

Each sheet £8.50 (no questions asked) just got to make some templates and get cutting.

Chuffed bunny

ps - I also knew a girl like that but that's for another day

cheers

hawaii
              I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Working...
              X