lsd ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lsd ?

hi, do i have a lsd on my 1996 mk3 ssrg 3ltr td auto ? ive tried a search and cant find anything on my model about a lsd, any help would be great ,thanks

i think about a fiver a tab far out dude surf man
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

ha , any sensible answers ?

Comment

Why do you ask...?

Have you decoded your VIN plate....?

Comment

id like to know so i dont fill it up with the wrong oil, also im going to put some ametech in if its not a lsd, i dont know about decoding my vin number, i thought i might of been able to get a straight answer when i stated my year and model of car, is it not that simple ?

Comment

It appears that nothing on these vehicles was standard... they were all modded from the factory to satisfy that Japanese desire to be different.

Why did none of them want an electric locker... knowing full well that I needed one.

Safest way to tell (please correct me if I am wrong), there is likely a sticker on the back of the rear diff to say to put in LSD oil if it requires it...

Comment

ok thanks, ill investigate tomorrow

Comment

Check the axle code on plate under bonnet. If it ends in a 5 you have LSD.

Nev

Comment

Nev, its a 3rd gen, the LSD code is C but every list of codes you look at there are discrepances with the 3rd gen axle codes and whats fitted.

If you jack up the rear, spin one wheel and if the other goes in the same direction, its a LSD, if it rotates opposite to the wheel your spinning its an open diff (or the LSD isn't working)
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                      Nev, its a 3rd gen
                      oops! Missed that bit.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                      X