X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Using This /opinions Please

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Heated-Fuel-Fi...QQcmdZViewItem

Originally posted by internetsurfer
    I've got a fuel cat heater on mine - similar theory - uses the heated water to warm the fuel before it goes into the fuel pump.

Works well to increase mileage with diesel or veg. I get about 30 miles extra per tank than non heated.

No comments on this particular model though as never tried it.
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Where's the primer/lift pump?

Nev

Comment

looks like its a bleed screw on the top

Comment

would appear to do same as fuel cat but cheaper to me
          anyone going to try it then??
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

Could ya use it in conjunction with the existing pump (with primer) or do ya think this would be a problem, Perhaps a bit lower than the existing so you could still prime, You'd be double filtering! not a bad thing eh!
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
              Could ya use it in conjunction with the existing pump (with primer) or do ya think this would be a problem, Perhaps a bit lower than the existing so you could still prime, You'd be double filtering! not a bad thing eh!
              its not a pump matey its a fuel filter with heat exchanger built in.
              you still need your fuel pump on the surf
              Pops

Comment

i think ian meant filter with primer - so you filter the fuel twice , then into the pump it goes nicely warmed up.

Comment

Veg warmer

Seems quite good product to me, but is very different to Fuel Cat Combo. I assume its electrical and not a heat exchanger using water. The Fuel Cat is not only a heat exchanger but a pre combustion catalyst as well.
                  Philip.
                  Still Searching,
                  Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
                    Seems quite good product to me, but is very different to Fuel Cat Combo. I assume its electrical and not a heat exchanger using water. The Fuel Cat is not only a heat exchanger but a pre combustion catalyst as well.
                    Philip.
                    the Blurb on e-bay says this:

This innovative coolant heated fuel filter is designed specifically for vegetable oil use. A Regenatec product and with international patents pending, we believe the SmartVeg heated fuel filter will become 'the standard'.

The coolant heated stainless steel spike runs from the filter head to near the bottom of the spin-on filter. It heats the contents of the filter from the moment your engine begins to warm up. So unlike many other solutions which rely on freeing up a cold (thick) filter by gradually supplying pre-heated vegoil, this filter does the job properly by warming up the contents ready for switch over. Once the vehicle is running on vegoil, the spike continues to heat the contents of the filter and now heats the vegoil entering the filter too. And to top it all off, the head gets so hot that the vegoil is heated as it leaves the filter too.
                    Pops

Comment

Yeah sorry i meant filter, Heated by coolant! so you still need to preheat electrically if your running 100% veg untill your engine heats up (cold weather), Was gonna ask how the fuelcat works but never mind i'll search for that, Is there any advantage to prewarming diesel?
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                        Yeah sorry i meant filter, Heated by coolant! so you still need to preheat electrically if your running 100% veg untill your engine heats up (cold weather), Was gonna ask how the fuelcat works but never mind i'll search for that, Is there any advantage to prewarming diesel?
                        i dont and know of another who dont too
                        Pops

Comment

It not electrical, and its not a fuel cat.

They are marketing it for people running two tanks, while the truck is warming up on derv, the coolant is warming the fuel filter that has the 100% veg oil in it.

Can't see it getting as hot as a fuel cat does, ours actually flow lots of coolant around the fuel line, its only a little spike, in a lot of fuel, and you don't get the 'catalyst' bit either.

Also it has no primer pump, gonna be a pain starting the car after a filter change, Surfs have no lift pump remember.

Completely different to a Fuel Cat. IMHO, the wrap around electrical heaters for the filter would be better.
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

glad you sorted that tony and no-one said it was a fuel cat
                            i just said does same as fuel cat (meaning heats the veg oil)
                            Pops

Comment

so tony upon filter change if i fill up the filter with derv, i can't even crank the engine with an injector cracked to fire the old girl up is this what you are saying????

Comment

Working...
                              X