We know where you live...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We know where you live...........

This was on the corporate website at work............... I now know all my neighbours names........ dodgy site.

A website has come to our attention that you may feel poses a risk. The website is www.b4usearch.com and by clicking on 'People' and typing in an individuals name and area it brings up their home address, phone number, details of other members in the household, details of neighbours in the same street and also directions to your home.

If you would like your details removed send an email to privacy@b4u.co.uk and your request should be removed within 21 days. If they are not removed within this time you may wish to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office by sending an email to compliance@ico.gsi.gov.uk

I have to question this websites legallity in how it provides such information.
    Any legal experts here?

Comment

Originally posted by smego
      Any legal experts here?

Thought this was a wind up but tried it anyway....... came up with me and the wife at our address and all our neighbours. I aint happy and will get my legal people onto this next week.

B*&^ARDS
      I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by smego
        Any legal experts here?
        all this info is pubic domain anyone can go to the town hall and ask to see it

this is how Jill Dandos killer found her

www.192.com
        [url="http://www.frappr.com/smurfowners"]Surf MAp[/url]

Comment

Yep... I'm on there as is my missis, just found most of our close family as well, and an old ex partner (bussiness partner....he stiched me up a good'n)
          Now I just need to order him twenty tons of horse doo doo... Only joking I can't be that petty, but it's a scary thought aint it.
          xcuse mi spilling kan't phinda dictonnairy

Comment

Originally posted by cellone
            all this info is pubic domain anyone can go to the town hall and ask to see it

this is how Jill Dandos killer found her

www.192.com
            Perfect reason to make these kind of sites illegal, if they are not already so.

Comment

Originally posted by Hip_o_crit>>IoW<<
              Yep... I'm on there as is my missis, just found most of our close family as well, and an old ex partner (bussiness partner....he stiched me up a good'n)
              Now I just need to order him twenty tons of horse doo doo... Only joking I can't be that petty, but it's a scary thought aint it.
              Just checked mine , and my neighbour aint who he sais he is !! Scary

Comment

Uk Info aka 192.com, thats the one most banks and debt collectors use, trouble is if you remove your records you wont get credit nor nowt else! Who is selling this confidential info....The UK census, think before you complete the gov dodgy form or take what you deserve ya daft git, it's kinda like them wee cards they send you on election time aka "we know where you live and know who you voted for". The gov will sell dog$$$$ so dont take it serious if they sell you to the family company!

Comment

and only costs £1.50 to remove your details by instant fax.....there's the money spinner
                  i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

You're all suprised at this?

(BTW, Linda and I ain't on there! )
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                      You're all suprised at this?

(BTW, Linda and I ain't on there! )
                      nor is me and the witch
                      for my name says i live miles from here in road i never heard of
                      Enjoying Life after Cancer
                      Pops

Comment

Can't find me

to stop appearing on these lists and getting annoying mail, make sure you tick the box thats on the census forms saying you DON'T want your details made available from the voters list.

By doing this it's elegle to publicise your name and address.
                        www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                          nor is me and the witch
                          for my name says i live miles from here in road i never heard of

But do you know who you are yourself martin
                          Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
                            But do you know who you are yourself martin
                            i been BESIDE myself lately is that the same
                            Enjoying Life after Cancer
                            Pops

Comment

it's very handy, when my mate died suddenly, his mum was in America on holiday... i managed to trace her next door neighbour and get her to gat the bloke looking after the dog to call me with her contact details... she was back in the UK within 24 hrs!

so don't write it off as a bad thing, sometimes it's good to be tracked down!

Also helped my dad track down his flatmate from the '60s
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X